Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My take on Charlton so far.

edited August 2014 in General Charlton
Wasn't sure how you would do this season especially with all the new faces and with Bob Peeters coming in (I never knew who he was).

From the reports I've read though it would seem he has brought in some decent players and it appears he's made you a very hard team to beat and quite a dangerous side to play against.

I don't think you'll struggle this year and might be one of the dark horses, who knows.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like what I think of Wednesday. Honestly thought you would struggle after the takeover didn't materialise as early as you hoped and so signings didn't come in but you've done well so far.

PS shocked that you actually want to talk about Charlton for a change. :-)
  • Options
    He's just had a little spat with Paulie and is trying to get back in his good books :-0
  • Options
    How dare he come on here and slate the house I live in.
  • Options

Wasn't sure how you would do this season especially with all the new faces and with Bob Peeters coming in (I never knew who he was).

From the reports I've read though it would seem he has brought in some decent players and it appears he's made you a very hard team to beat and quite a dangerous side to play against.

I don't think you'll struggle this year and might be one of the dark horses, who knows.

Thoughts?

• Options
    Uboat said:

I don't think you'll struggle this year and might be one of the dark houses, who knows.

Thoughts?

Tell me more about these dark houses.
    ;)

• Options

Thoughts?

Its very early doors
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I don't think you'll struggle this year and might be one of the dark houses, who knows.

Thoughts?

It's conclusive evidence that electricity hasn't reached the north yet.
  • Options

Thoughts?

I think you are spot on OP..

We haven't got the squad depth to maintain a playoff push and are unlikely to be as lucky as Burnley were last season with injuries.

We lack a 2nd goal scorer to go with Vetokele and should he get injured we would be in serious trouble.

I'm sure many would agree that we are 3-4 players short of a top 6 team but weather we manage to get those 3-4 players remains to be seen.

What have you made of Stevie May so far? He is a player I would have liked to have down at the Valley.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

He's just had a little spat with Paulie and is trying to get back in his good books :-0

Not at all, just putting him right as ever ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Early doors, will have more of an idea come tuesday, we have now an excellent striker in igor but if he gets injured - things could change.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Thoughts?

I think all this talk of electrickery up north soon is frightening the old boy... ;0)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    TravHouse said:

Thoughts?

We haven't got the squad depth to maintain a playoff push and are unlikely to be as lucky as Burnley were last season with injuries.

We lack a 2nd goal scorer to go with Vetokele and should he get injured we would be in serious trouble.

I'm sure many would agree that we are 3-4 players short of a top 6 team but weather we manage to get those 3-4 players remains to be seen.

What have you made of Stevie May so far? He is a player I would have liked to have down at the Valley.
    That really mirrors our situation at the mo, more or less the same.

Stevie May seems to be a decent young striker who is just getting to grips with his team mates and this league, He may (no pun) need 10 more games imo.
  • Options
    OP hopefully this season will be a lot less stressful and more enjoyable than last season , for BOTH of us, see you at the finish line :-0
  • Options
    Nice to have another fans perspective
  • Options

TravHouse said:

Thoughts?

Stevie May seems to be a decent young striker who is just getting to grips with his tea mates and this league, He may (no pun) 10 more games imo.
    So he's the tea boy too?
  • Options
    Nice to have another teams supporters perspective (even if you are from Yorkshire)
  • Options
    My typing is atrocious today, doing other stuff at the same time ;)
  • Options

TravHouse said:

Thoughts?

Stevie May seems to be a decent young striker who is just getting to grips with his tea mates and this league, He may (no pun) 10 more games imo.
    Gawd... Surprised they're able to make the tea in dark houses if Soapy is right about lack of electricity ;)
  • Options

Taking the whippets for a walk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks OP. This has stopped us talking about Delort.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Oink Oink only women are supposed to be able to multi task :-)
  • Options

Why did you have to bring him up? That's another thread to add to the list!
  • Options
    I give this thread another 10 mins before it's closed down ;0)
  • Options

Nice to have another fans perspective

Nice to have another teams supporters perspective (even if you are from Yorkshire)

Taking the whippets for a walk
    lol
  • Options

Why did you have to bring him up? That's another thread to add to the list!
    Sheff Wed holding back a last minute bid!