Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Africa Cup of Nations 2015

Igor has been our star performer in the early weeks of the season and long may this continue, but his fitness and form could be impacted by qualifying for the ACN and then there is the tournament to consider.

Angola's group C qualifying campaign gets underway 6th September and, if selected, we can expect Igor to be collecting the air miles between now and xmas during the three scheduled international breaks:

06-Sep-14 Gabon  v  Angola
10-Sep-14 Angola  v  Burkina Faso

11-Oct-14 Lesotho  v  Angola
15-Oct-14 Angola  v  Lesotho

15-Nov-14 Angola  v  Gabon
19-Nov-14 Burkina Faso  v  Angola

The top two from each of 7 groups qualify plus the best 3rd placed team who, along with hosts Morocco contest the finals between 17th January and 8th February

In my mind I can't see Angola failing to qualify, or Igor making the team. Which means, potentially wo could miss him for the following games:

17th Jan - Away - Watford
24th Jan - Away - Wolves
31st Jan - Home - Rotherham
7th Feb - Away - Middlesborough

Depending on when he has to report for duty he could also miss Brighton on 10th Jan and even the FA cup third round the week before.

I'm sure Bob et al are aware of this which is why signing a striker is key in this window.

Comments

• Options
    Here's hoping Angola don't qualify.
  • Options
    Well Igor only has two caps for Angola so hopefully the National Coach doesnt fancy him.

This is one reason why I'd like to see Andy Delort (or another Striker sign) as we're gonna be seriously light up front otherwise
  • Options
    edited August 2014