Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Drunk or Sober: Themos Flasks or one over the eight

The reason i asked is at Brentford this guy was well drunk and was having trouble focusing during the match. Also saw him at the next home game and still sounded pissed. I realised that there are several fans i have seen home and away who i have never seen sober. Because i drive most of the time to home matches i only have the 1 pint. The only time i was drunk i saw 44 players on the pitch and missed two goal as i was in the loo.

well CL folk where do you stand on this and if drunk that might explain some of the players marks!

Comments

• I have never drunk alcohol before a game
  • Away games - 75% of the time
    Home games - 25% of the time
  • Almost always drive and have 14 year old daughter with me, so very occasionally I go nuts and have a pre-match pint.
  • If I don't manage to get at least 10 pints inside me before a match then it's not a proper football day out.
  • edited August 2014
    6-17 Sober
    17-28 Mostly drunk
    28-50 Mostly sober
  • I used to enjoy getting hammered, but nowadays I take the Charlton Life post match reports and player scores very seriously, so I never have more than a small glass of gnats from the concourse.
  • Always sober. Probably less than 2 or 3 times when I've gone with mates in the past and had a few pints beforehand but I don't really get why you would spend as much as we do following football then spend half the time trying to focus on the game and the other half in the loo...that may be an age thing though :-/

It's far from a cheap day out and I want to follow the game not go on an all dayer.
  • Not someone who needs to get plastered to watch football, though the new kiosk selling decent beer and cider behind the East Stand may encourage me more. I do recall someone who sat near me at The valley for several seasons, who was always halfcut, I think he had problems :-(

I do like to spend a day at the cricket with a beer or 3 though, though pace myself throughout the day
  • edited August 2014
    'Back in the day' (late 90's/early 2000's) it would be in the Oak for as soon as we could before a game ('we' being quite a few posters on here), followed by straight in the pub afterwards and then on in to Greenwich for the rest of the evening... Away games we'd aim to arrive and be in the local pub when it opened (usually @Oakster driving - in the Peacock at Elland Rd for 11am, only CAFC fans in there but fortunately the Leeds fans were in a forgiving mood) or take a case in the car with us ('Boro away being a great example...@Clem_Snide and I drank a crate of Stella in the car on the way up...hangover kicked in before the game, probably lost - I don't remember - and journey home was a nightmare of nausea..seemed a good idea at the time though)...

Nowadays, might have a pint on the way home in the Angerstein (yes, I know, but it's close to home), but that's about it.... That said, am getting down to Brighton early on Sat to have a couple of beers with a mate before the game, but that's only because wife and son are away, so I have a free day... Damn my life is dull now...
  • Can't beat an away day Leo.
    Drive to most home games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good drink for me and loads of bugle in the bogs before kick off to sober up, a few cheeky keys to top up throughout the game and then 15 pints after the match to drown my sorrows.