Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eto'o to Everton....

On a 2-year deal

Good signing or bad signing?

Comments

• Options

On a 2-year deal

Thanks Colin
  • Options
    I think a year would have been a good signing, two years is, possibly, asking a bit too much of the player and they could find him a financial burden in 2015/16.
  • Options
    Good signing IMO.
  • Options
    Very good signing, they lack an experienced goalscorer and considering he's on a free it could work out very well for them. They have runners in Naismith and Mirallas so he'll just need to be in the box waiting for the supply.
  • Options
    Could form a good partnership with Lukaku... I know Chelsea have Diego Costa now but it could be interesting from onlookers at Stamford Bridge (Especially had it been used last season...)
  • Options
    Very excited to see how it works out, and I think it will - good signing in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    personally i think its a poor bit of business, given his likely salary. Will be interested to see how it goes, but personally i think he will flop big time.
  • Options
    No need for that language is their?
  • Options
    Decent enough signing for them I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fucking I'm inclined to agree with AFKA, a hint of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink/Charlton about this. Having said that, Martinez is looking like an exceptional manager, I suspect he's done his homework, he doesn't seem like the type of manager to throw money at someone based on name alone. Fuckety fuck.
  • Options

Fucking i think its a poor bit of business, given his likely salary. Will be interested to see how it goes, but personally i think he will flop big time.

Strong views. ! What's your opinion of Delort ? ;0)

• Options
    Jeez, i meant to write 'personally' !!!

Just went to flag myself !!
  • Options

Shakes head.

• Options

@MendoncaInAsdas Referring to last night, you missed a perfectly valid opportunity here mate to flag the governor :-0
  • Options

Fucking i think its a poor bit of business, given his likely salary. Will be interested to see how it goes, but personally i think he will flop big time.

Agreed. he's got a very good scoring record over the years but giving a (no doubt very lucrative) two-year contract to a 33-year-old striker needed to play at the top level is bonkers.

Still, you never know. There's Rogerio Ceni still playing for Sao Paulo at 41 and still club captain. A one-club man who's played 1120 competitive games and scored 116 goals - which isn't bad for a goalkeeper! (He takes the free kicks as well as the penalties though.) Mind you, even his goals record is getting worse - only five last season compared with 21 in 2005.
  • Options
    AFKA on hearing Eto'o has signed for Everton:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

@MendoncaInAsdas Referring to last night, you missed a perfectly valid opportunity here mate to flag the governor :-0

I broke the golden rule , and now i must pay, never diss your boss :-0
  • Options
    Considering Eto'o is almost at pension age I think this is a bit of desperation from Martinez. Dont get the 2 year deal either. I'm sure he'll get a few goals and he's free but the wages must be huge. Could they not have bought someone younger on less wages?