Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morrisey UK gig - Nov

Despite the fact i hate his politics and think he spouts a load of shite i think the man is a genius and have always wanted to see him live so will aim to get tickets for this.

Any fans of his seen him before? Any good?

Comments

• I saw him at Ally Pally a couple of years ago. I'm a fan (of his music), but have to say he was distinctly average.
    That's not to say I wouldn't go again.
  • Smiths were original, witty and wrote some great pop singles. Morrissey on his own; up his own posterior.
  • Would love to go but am shoving a red hot poker up my arse that night. Cold end up, so I burn my hand when I pull it out.
  • edited August 2014

Would love to go but am shoving a red hot poker up my arse that night. Cold end up, so I burn my hand when I pull it out.

What charity are you doing that for? ;-)
  • Saw the Smiths in 85 and 86, would love to see him as i know he does do some of the classics on his set list.
  • Would rather fist myself with a studded glove.
  • Palarse tw@

Oh not that one?
  • Boom said:

Would rather fist myself with a studded glove.

Wouldn't we all?
  • I'll be there as always.
  • edited August 2014

Palarse tw@

Oh not that one?

Martin Clunes was the funny one anyway!
  • Sponsored links:

• I met Morrissey in 1990 and was such a fan at the time I thought my legs were going to give way. I went into a record shop and he was just in there browsing, by himself. It was so weird I almost couldn't believe it was happening, particularly as I was in Reading and I couldn't think what he was doing there. I lost interest about 15 years ago though and find him a bit sad now.
  • edited August 2014
    It'll have to be outside. I don't think his ego would fit in any of the indoor arenas we have in the UK.
  • edited August 2014

Saw the Smiths in 85 and 86, would love to see him as i know he does do some of the classics on his set list.

I liked him in Bob The Builder and presumably he'll do his famous No. 1 "Can He Fix It?" ;-)
  • edited August 2014
    My missus has seen him 10- 15 times over the years. There's very few gigs of his she hasn't enjoyed and so I'd say if you're a fan you should see him while you can. Personally, I'd rather listen to the hoover.
  • I was supposed to see him at The Roundhouse around '07, he went off 'ill' after three songs. Having travelled from Southampton that was particularly annoying, I'll give this a try though. Thanks for the heads up.
  • My wife has told me she got tickets for my birthday.........................

heaven knows I'm miserable now!!
  • ..and she said - William, it was really nothing!
  • Got a pair of pre-sale tickets yesterday, as a treat for my Mrs who is a huge fan, in row C on level 4 only for her to tell me that her mate had already secured standing tickets.
    So if anyone fancies taking these off my hands, at the cost price of £93 for the pair, then please let me know
  • Got into a suite, via a fof, for £75 a pop......