Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

R.I.P Richard Attenborough

2»

Comments

• Options
    Once bumped into him coming out of a cafe in Berners Street, he was looking up at something or other as I came out and we crashed into each other.

It was October time and he was wearing a denim jacket and 'Lenin' hat but I recognised him immediately and he was very apologetic, a real gentleman.
  • Options
    Yes, grew up with those b&w films: he was the last of that era of actors: John Mills, Richard Todd, Anthony Steel, Bernard Lee etc. etc. The year after he so brilliantly played the evil Pinkie he starred as a schoolboy in 'The Guinea Pig', though he had to wear a 'piece; to cover his bald spot. A one off who has left a great legacy in the world of film making.

RIP Sir Richard, and thank you.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOfRPeqBEQ8

A bit of Pinkie for the youngsters
  • Options
    had a problem with insomnia for a while and took care of it by putting on nature documentaries where he did the voice over, his voice was the most calming/soothing there was.
  • Options

had a problem with insomnia for a while and took care of it by putting on nature documentaries where he did the voice over, his voice was the most calming/soothing there was.

wrong Attenborough...
  • Options
    Thanks Len, and the scene where he's pulling the individual hairs out of the doll's head is really disturbing too.
    Was it just coincidence that two of his biggest success featured the Brighton piers?
    I always find the final scene of 'Oh, What a Lovely War' deeply moving. Great film-making.
  • Options

wrong Attenborough...
    I know now :(
  • Options
    Saw Dunkirk by Leslie Norman recently. What an amzingly good film, and RA is superb as the "little Englander" who steps up. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP sir
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent tribute on BBC last night (apart from John Terry being in it).
  • Options
    When I joined Uni he was our Chancellor so I would have received my certificate off of him. Sadly he stepped down at the start of my second year though, gutted.

RIP