Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool

Nearly everyone is a fat, tattooed covered, football shirt wearing drunk.

And that's just the women.

Seriously, was walking round by the North Pier around 18.00 last night and the amount of drunks was unbelievable. The amazing thing was that most were over 50. Maybe I'm getting snobby in my old age.

Comments

• Options
    WayneK said:

Seriously, was walking round by the North Pier around 18.00 last night and the amount of drunks was unbelievable. The amazing thing was that most were over 50. Maybe I'm getting snobby in my old age.

Just like being on an all-inclusive holiday in Turkey
  • Options
    WayneK said:

Ah, but did you manage to pull though?
  • Options
  • Options
    WayneK said:

And you was expecting ?
  • Options
    had to do some work up there a couple of years ago for a week and what you describe is spot on. One night me and my mate who i was working with were going off to a local pub to meet the rest of the work crew for a pint and were approached and then followed by a welsh prostitute. It was like something out of a bad drama/gangster movie. She kept saying she wanted to be in a place with lots of people and asked where we were staying. Weird.

Great thing was i was working on an ice skating show and the women ice skaters were gorgeous.
  • Options

had to do some work up there a couple of years ago for a week and what you describe is spot on. One night me and my mate who i was working with were going off to a local pub to meet the rest of the work crew for a pint and were approached and then followed by a welsh prostitute.

All wool coat and no knickers?
  • Options
    adrian likes it there though.
  • Options
    WayneK said:

I was in Clacton for the airshow a couple of days ago and your description is bang on for there too.

• Options
    Ahh Blackpool - scaby old town, above comments are spot on. Have been visiting twice a year for last 4 years for my sons Latin/Ballroom National Dancing championships.

The front has had a multi-million pound face lift - and still looks shiite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went on a stag do there years ago which unbeknown to us clueless southerners corresponded with one of the Glasgow weeks!

To say I was shocked is an understatement. Now if I had been studying for a doctorate in Anthropology at Cambridge on the other hand, bingo...
  • Options
    Went there about 20 odd years ago for a mate's wedding. Returned two seasons ago and last season, nothing had changed in that time.
  • Options
    Last time I went there was 1994 to see Blackpool vs Exeter City. Not my favourite place I have visited.
  • Options
    Stick to going there monday to friday...its a lot quitier. There are too many stag/hen weekends particularly this time of year.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I bloody loved it end of last season. Northern hen dos galore.
  • Options
    How long will Riga last ?

Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has insisted he is doing his job to the best of his ability after being criticised by manager Jose Riga.

The under-pressure chairman once again had to witness fans calling for him to resign after a shock exit from the Capital One Cup at the hands of League Two outfit Shrewsbury.

And these latest protestations come after new manager Riga publicly demanded more from his chairman when looking at targets to strengthen a squad in dire need of reinforcements.

However, Oyston believes he is doing all he can, and the club can turn their troubles around.

"Despite the accusations we are absolutely doing our job at the club but we need to be put in a position to sign players,” Oyston told the Blackpool Gazette.

“There’s a lot of negativity around the club at the moment, some I understand and some I simply won’t accept.

“I’m fully aware of the situation we are in and of course us making the worst start for more than 100 years alarms us.

“But the statistics are largely irrelevant, what’s more important is our current position which I would have expected to have picked up by now.

“We can no longer use the excuse of not having a pre -season as we’ve played the games now, the players should be up to scratch now.

"I don’t think the air of negativity around is helping."

Oyston, however, understands fans' discontent, after the club have endured their worst start to a season in 116 years.

"I understand their frustration, that’s only natural, I mean around the management and the manager," Oyston added.

“The manager is the one person who needs to be positive and I don’t understand the leader of any group or organisation being so negative.

“I’d sooner we are all positive and work as hard as we can.
  • Options
    The Pleasure Beach is good but they do pack you in. The Blackpool Dungeon is also worth a visit. Still a shite hole though.
  • Options
    Pleasure beach pound for pound is the best theme park in the country....the zoo is ok but madame tussauds and the tower are both rubbish now days. The tower especially as its very expensive to do the lot there. Back streets can be a bit dodgy as in most towns.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Jimmy Saville in Madame Tussaud's.
  • Options
    The only problem is we don't play them until December
  • Options
    ross1 said:

The only problem is we don't play them until December

By which time they will be down.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Owner has the whole club over a barrel. If they ever do sell which is highly unlikely, they can auction it of piece by piece. Really is a sorry state up there.
  • Options
    It's like most seaside towns in the UK unfortunately although I personally think the South Coast beats anywhere in Britain.

The Pleasure beach is good if you have a family though but the last two times I've been there on stag does I''ve encountered arsey Mancunians thinking they're rock hard after 4-5 pints.
  • Options
    Brighton and Torquay are I would say the most upmarket seaside visits. No kiss me quick hats on view there.
  • Options

It's like most seaside towns in the UK unfortunately although I personally think the South Coast beats anywhere in Britain.

The Pleasure beach is good if you have a family though but the last two times I've been there on stag does I''ve encountered arsey Mancunians thinking they're rock hard after 4-5 pints.

At least the Yorkshire lot can manage 5-6 pints before they think they're rock hard....
  • Options

At least the Yorkshire lot can manage 5-6 pints before they think they're rock hard....
    More the that, just starting at 6 in my book, I'd say I like to average 10 pints most Saturdays then I go back home to the Wife ;)

• Options
    Newquay has a higher percentage of nthners wanting a fight than most seaside towns
  • Options
    3 October ~ The Blackpool Supporters' Trust have organised a protest against their club's onwers during the televised match against Cardiff City tonight. Blackpool are bottom of the Championship and their fans feel the money from their Premier League season has not been properly invested back into the club. The Trust are asking stay-away fans to turn up and the protest will involve releasing thousands of black balloons, as well as holding up banners and staging a walk-out in the 53rd minute of the match, representing the year they won the FA Cup. There is more information on the Football Supporters' Federation website.