Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Driving

Having just driven to Blackpool today, I can honestly say there some complete morons on the road.
Those things on the side of your motor are mirrors.....use them you wankers. Rant over.

Comments

• Shouldn't you be watching sky sports news anyway?
  • WayneK said:

Having just driven to Blackpool today, I can honestly say there some complete morons on the road.
    Those things on the side of your motor are mirrors.....use them you wankers. Rant over.

And that thing by your steering wheel is called and indicator... People need to learn what that bloody is too!!
  • Everybody happy?
  • Driving is becoming a complete utter ballache. Don't think I've completed a single motorway trip for months that hadn't had delays. Went Great Yarmouth this week and what should be a 2 1/2hr trip took 4hrs plus both ways
  • WayneK said:

And that thing by your steering wheel is called and indicator... People need to learn what that bloody is too!!
    Oh and that middle lane you bloody stick in... If your not overtaking someone then bloody well move over... Bet they're the ones that moan about traffic jams yet are the cause of them!!
  • Everybody happy?

Yup think so now... :)
  • WayneK said:

Oh and that middle lane you bloody stick in... If your not overtaking someone then bloody well move over... Bet they're the ones that moan about traffic jams yet are the cause of them!!
    I wish the road safety people would do a campaign on this. I reckon it'd make a huge difference to safety and traffic flow if more people were educated in how the motorway is supposed to work.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

WayneK said:

I wish the road safety people would do a campaign on this. I reckon it'd make a huge difference to safety and traffic flow if more people were educated in how the motorway is supposed to work.
    Trouble is its not rocket science...
  • Sponsored links:

• No, but there's a problem in that those drivers think they know what they're doing, so they won't be making any effort to figure it out. Middle-lane hoggers think that's the lane that suits their speed. We've had a few on the General Things That Annoy you thread saying as much.
  • Sometimes when you're getting tailgated at 75mph, with no way of pulling in, looking in the mirrors only confirms what an idiot you have behind you.
  • Overtake faster and get out of my way , thanks
  • Driving is becoming a complete utter ballache. Don't think I've completed a single motorway trip for months that hadn't had delays. Went Great Yarmouth this week and what should be a 2 1/2hr trip took 4hrs plus both ways

The thing that bugs me is there never seems to be any logical explanation why the traffic comes to a complete halt then starts up again asoif nothing happens.
  • Rubberneckers , bore off and get out of my way , yes it may be great to see fire engines, ambulances and police cars with sirens flashing and some cars smashed up but really I'd rather get to where I want to go than waste my time looking at that thanks

This. I love driving but the hold ups are becoming intolerable.

Government: Please can we have the recession back to clear some of the morons off the road? (Then remove the driving licence from anybody who owns or even asks a Nissan dealer about a Micra. What is it with the idiots who own those cars?)

The thing that bugs me is there never seems to be any logical explanation why the traffic comes to a complete halt then starts up again asoif nothing happens.
    Its physics ...http://freakonomics.com/2008/03/10/what-causes-traffic-jams-you/
  • JiMMy 85 said:

No, but there's a problem in that those drivers think they know what they're doing, so they won't be making any effort to figure it out. Middle-lane hoggers think that's the lane that suits their speed. We've had a few on the General Things That Annoy you thread saying as much.

I've been saying this to the wife for ages.

Rather than spending millions widening the M25, spend it on reeducating drivers as to the lane they should be in.

On the parts of the M25 with 4 lanes you still get slowing and delays cussed by those who insist on doing 60-65 in lane 3 when lanes 1 & 2 are clear. This just causes bottlenecks

• cafcfan said:

Driving is becoming a complete utter ballache. Don't think I've completed a single motorway trip for months that hadn't had delays. Went Great Yarmouth this week and what should be a 2 1/2hr trip took 4hrs plus both ways

This. I love driving but the hold ups are becoming intolerable.

Government: Please can we have the recession back to clear some of the morons off the road? (Then remove the driving licence from anybody who owns or even asks a Nissan dealer about a Micra. What is it with the idiots who own those cars?)
    It tends to follow that if you don't enjoy driving you're a poor driver and therefore will buy a shit car

• Sponsored links:

• I enjoy doing 50 in the middle lane and I think most other people do too.

Whenever I'm driving at 50 I look in mirror and there are a long line of people behind me doing the same thing.

Does your Micra do 50?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

WayneK said:

Middle lane hogging when there is space in the inside lane became an offence in July however because there are very few police patrols and speed cameras can't detect bad driving (the cause of most accidents) it will just stay the same!
  • Ha - try driving around the Algarve in August. You haven't lived...
  • And the 30% of twats driving with front and rear fog lights on. Don't they realize the effect it has on other road users.
  • Far too many people on the road that learned to drive on X-Box or Playstation.
  • When the amazon drones come in next year there will be less trucks on the road to take each other over at 61mph
  • Soon cars won't need a driver and the motorway will send signals telling the car which lane to use and what speed it should be travelling at. You'll just be sitting there watching the scenery or drinking a beer.
  • When the amazon drones come in next year there will be less trucks on the road to take each other over at 61mph

or American drones and have less lorries full stop.
  • what's worse is those that use their car to prove a point about how much of a twat they are. Deliberately being wankers because it's funny or "just banter" when they're in control of a tonne of steel that is quite capable of killing people and themselves very easily. When i was learning to drive people would just pretend that you don't exist. I had one woman not look when coming out of a side road and practically drove straight into me.

Fucking terrifying.

to be fair this isn't the overtaking driver's fault even though it looks like it. Much like it takes a while for a lorry to speed up, it takes a while for them to slow down. If you're coming up behind another lorry going 10 odd mph less than you and your overtaking lane is free, you move over. The bright spark in the slower lane either speeds up or the two hit a hill (if the overtaking driver doesn't know the roads) and you get the situation you described. Also lorry drivers work long days, sure they take a break every couple of hours or so but they are either under pressure to make a delivery or they want to get home to their loved ones asap. Some of these guys have been up since 4am and don't have any time for their families when they get home because they're so knackered.