Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1970s footballers at home - in pictures

http://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2014/aug/21/memory-lane-1970s-footballers-at-home-in-pictures

Taken in the days when 'Arry Redknapp had just the one chin and featuring a couple of ex-Charlton players. David Wagstaffe's wife looks like she's just come off the set of 'Hairspray'.

Comments

• Options
    Tommy Taylors missus looks like she's 12?
  • Options
    Another thing the introdution of the premiership improved..............the quality of players wives.
  • Options
    Is it my imagination or do footballers have many more daughters than sons?
  • Options
    Half the wives look like trannies .....

• Options
    Harry looks like an extra from "attack of the 50' woman". She is huge !
  • Options

Another thing the introdution of the premiership improved..............the quality of players wives.

Yes cos they are all such "natural" beauties now....

That is one massive head of hair. Mrs Simpson is a looker.

• Options
    That's why she is reputedly a better finisher than Darren Bent
  • Options
    Blucher said:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2014/aug/21/memory-lane-1970s-footballers-at-home-in-pictures

Taken in the days when 'Arry Redknapp had just the one chin and featuring a couple of ex-Charlton players. David Wagstaffe's wife looks like she's just come off the set of 'Hairspray'.

Not forgetting the ex Charlton manager.
  • Options
    Good point (although I've been trying to forget him)
  • Options
    Blucher said:

That's why she is reputedly a better finisher than Darren Bent

ive googled her as she looks now... its safe to say she's had a bit of work done.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redknapp looks like Jay from The Inbetweeners in that picture!
  • Options
    Why do they feel the need to be photographed with their domestic appliances? Being a bonified 90s kid I don't know if this was a common thing in 70s family portraits
  • Options
    Chivers married Sigourney Weaver!?
  • Options

Why do they feel the need to be photographed with their domestic appliances? Being a bonified 90s kid I don't know if this was a common thing in 70s family portraits

Sexist overtones here, move on........ ;o)
  • Options

No, men were never to be seen in the kitchen. Ever.

Although i only know this from reading about it, i grew up in the 90s too.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Curb_It said:

My Dad had a map from the living room to the kitchen but still couldn't find it, the kitchen that is not the map :-0
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Before I read it was Harry I thought it was David Icke.
  • Options
    Pat Jennings - or is it George Osborne ?
  • Options
    Now I see why Redknapp's Mrs was better than Bent! Must be able to chase a ball for hours, she doesn't look happy though, sitting under the window while the blonde bird moves into the centre of the picture.
  • Options
    Nice to see Harry made sure his tax advisor was included in the photo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    What has Mick Mills got on his feet? Alun Evans and his wife look like they have interchangeable hair.
  • Options
    Good to see Rosie Redknapp make an appearance.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Me too, Curb_It

Trouble is, I also grew up in the 40s( late!),50s, 60s, 70s & 80s.

• Options
    Stuart Houston used to live on the Downham Estate by the look if it
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Curb_It said:

Me too, Curb_It

Trouble is, I also grew up in the 40s( late!),50s, 60s, 70s & 80s.

My good lady couldn't resist this when went into hospital a few weeks back. :(

• Options
  • Options
    And they lived in normal houses then
  • Options
    Proper hairy bush days.
  • Options
    Is that a Sunbeam Rapier in shot with Mick Mills?
  • Options

Serious kitchen appliances were status symbols in the 60s and 70s. My granny didn't even own a fridge and I am not 50 for another few weeks. If you had a washer or a fridge freezer or, perish the thought, a dishwasher in the 70s you clearly had some dosh and presumably showed it off. Cue the joke about brides wearing white so that the dishwasher matched the cooker and the fridge. Sorry ladies. :-)