Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gazza (signed)

for a Sunday league side...i'm sure he's still got it! It's nice to know if the Delort saga doesn't get tied up we have other options!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28876767

Comments

• Options
    Good for him. England's number 8, England's England's number 8!
  • Options
    God he looks so much older than 47...
  • Options
    When I last saw him on TV he could hardly walk and I think needed a hip replacement op. Good for him if he is fit but very sad if it's just some sort of stunt.
  • Options
    He just cant let go of playing Football... Doubt he ever will
  • Options
    Man's a legend just had to many stabs in the back by so called friends and family
  • Options
    Can't see this lasting too long..................
  • Options

Man's a legend just had to many stabs in the back by so called friends and family

Yeah. On the negative side, beating his wife and pissing his talent and career up the wall probably count against him
    Funny how his wife and "daughter" always kept the Gascoigne name to keep cashing in!!
  • Options
    Why is floydroadfaithfull like Palace ? Because he just keeps on giving.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheryl_Gascoigne
  • Options

Yeah. On the negative side, beating his wife and pissing his talent and career up the wall probably count against him
    alcohol can make you do crazy things.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Mail report it as a bottle of vodka. All very sad.
  • Options
    It's really not going to end well for Gazza is it? It's like watching a slow motion train wreck. Not getting a very sympathetic response from most of the locals down here.

m.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11426507.Ex_England_star_Gazza_in_hospital_after_collapsing_outside_Poole_home/
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I guess he's the George Best of my generation. I never saw him play (I was 1 year old when he chipped Colin Hendry) but have seen his life deteriorate very publicly in the way my Dad saw Best go downhill.
  • Options

So can meth. Your point being?
  • Options

I guess he's the George Best of my generation. I never saw him play (I was 1 year old when he chipped Stuart Hendry) but have seen his life deteriorate very publicly in the way my Dad saw Best go downhill.

Stuart Hendry? Wasn't he the World Snooker Champion?
  • Options

I guess he's the George Best of my generation. I never saw him play (I was 1 year old when he chipped Stuart Hendry) but have seen his life deteriorate very publicly in the way my Dad saw Best go downhill.

Stuart Hendry? Wasn't he the World Snooker Champion?
    No, you're thinking of Stephen whereas I was thinking of Colin.
  • Options
    A hopeless and helpless alcoholic, such a shame but that's his lifestyle choice can't believe he is still alive tbh
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    In response to the op. I doubt he still has "it" unless "it" is liver failure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh my lord. The above photo is really upsetting. He looks about 70.
  • Options

So can meth. Your point being?
    it isn't necessarily "his" fault for beating his wife and "pissing his career up the wall" when he made it to a world cup semi final... Mental health problems and alcohol are a bad mix. I wouldn't describe him as an evil person like your post suggested.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Good grief. For one moment I had visions of Gazza being brought on board in a dual role of "gurning inanely" and acting all "Geordie like" whilst crying a lot and falling over.
  • Options
    That picture is horrifying. Poor man.
  • Options

Mental illnesss is still very misunderstood in this country and around the world, you cannot condone the one incident of beating his wife, but Gascoigne has and had mental problems, that has been the root to his drinking and other problems.
  • Options
    alcoholism and drug addiction is a mental illness/disease. It's not a lifestyle choice. I don't think many would "choose" to shit themselves and vomit every day all whilst destroying your life, your health and the lives of people who love you.
  • Options
    Such a shame remember one of his early games for Newcastle at selhurst he came on as sub.Looked good then think he was only about 18,and later with spurs always had banter with the fans.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Mental illnesss is still very misunderstood in this country and around the world, you cannot condone the one incident of beating his wife, but Gascoigne has and had mental problems, that has been the root to his drinking and other problems.
    I don't think it was one incident of beating his wife, I think it was fairly regular
  • Options
    such a shame to see him now, one of the greatest players of his (my) generation, could've been 'the' greatest were it not for that tackle against Forest.
  • Options
    We have gone through this many times like it or not gazza chooses to drink as a way to deal with his mental issues he has declined and turned his back on help, thrown it in the face of everyone who has helped him

Mental illness is not a lifestyle choice that is correct

Gazza drinking is a life style choice

He is a pathetic hopeless alcoholic who almost has mental issues and demons that stem from a long way back
    Many people have mental issues and not all turn to alcohol or drugs

Paul can't be treated for his mental issues until he stops drinking the problem
    Is he chooses his own medication for his illness and that's alcohol

That just makes the issue worse