Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham Away

123457»

Comments

• Options
    go Cheltenham mate will be a better turnout and atmosphere
    But trains are fooked for Cheltenham - bus replacement between Reading and Swindon
  • Options
    One of the better new grounds in the football league. Within 5 mins of town centre and station. Plus Rotherham ground is normally 90%+ full in the home end which makes it a better away day.
  • Options
    But trains are fooked for Cheltenham - bus replacement between Reading and Swindon
    Then you go via Birmingham New Street
  • Options
    But the OP says that Rotherham is a suitable date for all concerned. If he could have made Cheltenham he would have probably mentioned it.
  • Options
    bit of a 'bump' this one, but a question for anyone who's been to their ground.

myself and a couple of mates are looking for a 'child' friendly away day - my girls 11 and 14 and my mates son 16 have been badgering us for a while now to do a proper away day ie train / full day out etc.

looking at the rest of the season this one looks to tick all the boxes (that we are all free for), given availability of tickets, proximity to the station etc.....

any advice from anyone who's been welcomed.

cheers 
    I have been here a couple of time. I would have no hesitation taking my kids to this game. 

Very nice away day and often a big crowd. Nice pie's too and pub on the station pretty much 
  • Options
    One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is that Rotherham town centre is appalling, not one single redeeming feature to be seen! ☹️
  • Options
    robroy said:

myself and a couple of mates are looking for a 'child' friendly away day - my girls 11 and 14 and my mates son 16 have been badgering us for a while now to do a proper away day ie train / full day out etc.

looking at the rest of the season this one looks to tick all the boxes (that we are all free for), given availability of tickets, proximity to the station etc.....

cheers 
    I have been here a couple of time. I would have no hesitation taking my kids to this game. 

Very nice away day and often a big crowd. Nice pie's too and pub on the station pretty much 
    as @SoundAsa£ says Rotherham town centre has not a lot to offer .. I always walk along the canal/river bank form the station to the ground, quite a pleasant change from a boring concrete street walk ..
    If you're into shopping and/or a good choice of 'instant' food for the children, the Meadowhall Centre is just a short train ride from R/Ham .. also at M/Hall you can pick up the tram for a ride into Sheffield proper which has a bit more to offer than Rotherham
  • Options

Train from Euston to Birmingham New Street, and then from there to Cheltenham not a lot of difference time wise
  • Options
    It was friendly last time we played them, no worries in the slightest.
  • Options

Train from Euston to Birmingham New Street, and then from there to Cheltenham not a lot of difference time wise
    Indeed - just been looking at that - I take it all back !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:

cheers 

as @SoundAsa£ says Rotherham town centre has not a lot to offer .. I always walk along the canal/river bank form the station to the ground, quite a pleasant change from a boring concrete street walk ..
    If you're into shopping and/or a good choice of 'instant' food for the children, the Meadowhall Centre is just a short train ride from R/Ham .. also at M/Hall you can pick up the tram for a ride into Sheffield proper which has a bit more to offer than Rotherham
    I'm glad that you're not a snob.
  • Options
    One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is that Rotherham town centre is appalling, not one single redeeming feature to be seen! ☹️
    In fairness that probably applies to a lot of town centres around England.

Most are now just full of takeaways, charity shops and chavs.
  • Options
    In fairness that probably applies to a lot of town centres around England.

Most are now just full of takeaways, charity shops and chavs.
    Is the that the realistic version of the Oh South London chant?

"It's full of takeaways, charity shops and chavs"
  • Options
    was the original choice mate, but for various reasons it's a no go - Rotherham fits the bill I think, not fussed about the town centre, but station looks close to ground etc and pubs (which is all we'll need) - kids aware it's basically a day on the piss (well for us anyway)
  • Options
    was the original choice mate, but for various reasons it's a no go - Rotherham fits the bill I think, not fussed about the town centre, but station looks close to ground etc and pubs (which is all we'll need) - kids aware it's basically a day on the piss (well for us anyway)

Always the best days mate will see you there as will be a new ground for me
  • Options
    Just tell your children you're taking them to New York
  • Options
    2 Weatherspoons near the station (3 in all).
    https://www.google.com/search?tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:3&tbm=lcl&sxsrf=AOaemvIZAX60H7ShbDtvMltLgd0KUv4jJA:1639502018569&q=Wetherspoons+Rotherham&rflfq=1&num=10&ved=2ahUKEwiF-7L75OP0AhWMZMAKHZm1A8IQtgN6BAgEEAc#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:[[53.43260743418127,-1.346064907714828],[53.42659862721568,-1.366363865539535],null,[53.42960313687768,-1.3562143866271814],16]