Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Typhoon jet display

was near Tankerton today and about 12 a Typoon jet flew over for about 10 mins and did a display-----jaw dropping. Barrel roles horizontally and then shooting straight up vertically still rolling and then falling straight down before barrel rolling horizontally again. Im sure it was for some air display but there wasnt any round there i can only think the pilot was going through his routine -----brilliant but fecking ear drum busting noise.

anyone else down that way see it ?

Comments

• I've just moved to Herne Bay and watched his from my back garden today.The noise was amazing and they was from where I was.
  • edited August 2014
    I think it was probably part of the Herne bay air display running from about midday. Unfortunately, due to high winds The Battle of Britain Memorial flight display which included the two Lancaster's was apparently cancelled.
  • I think it was probably part of the Herne bay air display running from about midday. Unfortunately, due to high winds The Battle of Britain Memorial flight display which included the two Lancaster's was cancelled.

They're scheduled in for the goodwood revival in September, crossing fingers the weathers ok for it.
  • was near Tankerton today and about 12 a Typoon jet flew over for about 10 mins and did a display-----jaw dropping. Barrel roles horizontally and then shooting straight up vertically still rolling and then falling straight down before barrel rolling horizontally again. Im sure it was for some air display but there wasnt any round there i can only think the pilot was going through his routine -----brilliant but fecking ear drum busting noise.

anyone else down that way see it ?

This sounds more like a Bob Peeters celebration.
  • Red Arrows over Biggin Hill today.
  • I think the same display was at cowes 9 days ago. Absolutely brilliant !!
  • It was the inaugural Herne Bay airshow. I was going to come down myself but the BBMF cancelled due to high winds.
  • Saw the typhoon at Farnborough earlier in the year. Jaw dropping. Unbelievable noise.
  • want to take my nipper to an airshow, any idea of a good website/upcoming events?
  • May be worth trying the RAF website: http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/displayinfo/
  • Sponsored links:

• Clacton, (free) Thursday and Friday this week

Bournemouth (free) 28-31

Shoreham on 30/31
  • Anyone coming down to Bournemouth for the airshow then?

Have had the Red Arrows knocking about most of the week coming and going and they are performing all four days of the airshow this years I believe. Started today with a 94 year old wing walker, beats bowls any day of the week...
  • Last time I.went to that one the red arrow crashed
  • Anyone coming down to Bournemouth for the airshow then?

Have had the Red Arrows knocking about most of the week coming and going and they are performing all four days of the airshow this years I believe. Started today with a 94 year old wing walker, beats bowls any day of the week...

Was down in Weymouth last week and the red arrows did a brilliant display on carnival day.