Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Nets

Am I the only one who is not a fan? I loved our half white, half red ones, we'd had them for so long and they were great! Always looked fantastic when a ball rifled into the top corner with them! These ones seem to be far to close to the goal line and the ball seemed to almost bounce out every time it went in! Some people are never happy eh!?

Comments

• Cheers for that Colin
  • C_A_F_C said:

Move on.

I just don't like change!!!!
  • @000__Jaaaaay_000 keep waving that flag K'naan.
  • How tall are they?
  • C_A_F_C said:

How tall are they?

that's another thing I don't bloody like about them, they're too short.
  • Simon Church wore the old ones out last season........
  • edited February 2015
    Still don't like the new nets! ... Igors goal tonight proves my point sounds like a few fans didn't even realise it went in ... Roland out.
  • They are on loan for a year from Leige.
  • Sponsored links:

• Igor's goal flew back out from hitting the back station nothing to do with the nets
  • Am I the only one who is not a fan? I loved our half white, half red ones, we'd had them for so long and they were great! Always looked fantastic when a ball rifled into the top corner with them! These ones seem to be far to close to the goal line and the ball seemed to almost bounce out every time it went in! Some people are never happy eh!?

The ball is bouncing back off the billboards which are to close to the back of the netting!
  • No if the net tension was not as high and they went back a bit further it wouldn't have happened. The space between the back of the net and the goal line is far too small. I miss the old nets.

The nets are a metaphor for everything going wrong at this club: FACT
  • uie2 said:

Am I the only one who is not a fan? I loved our half white, half red ones, we'd had them for so long and they were great! Always looked fantastic when a ball rifled into the top corner with them! These ones seem to be far to close to the goal line and the ball seemed to almost bounce out every time it went in! Some people are never happy eh!?

The ball is bouncing back off the billboards which are to close to the back of the netting!
    Bollocks it's the fecking nets
  • At least move the billboards back a bit so the ball can nestle
  • God I hate those nets
  • Remember the Upton park nets!? Now they was tight!!
  • Igor's goal flew back out from hitting the back station nothing to do with the nets

People around me in NU thought it had gone wide (including me! )

Nice celebration with the arm band
  • edited February 2015
    Actually, you may have a point.

I couldn't make the game last night, as I was working a late shift, so was following the game on Twitter. Thanks to a couple of fans vine-ing our goals, I was able to see them. But when the ball hit the back of the net, it shot straight back out, and I honestly thought Igor's goal had hit the post when I first viewed it. I know it wasn't the net, but still.

This got me thinking. What if we get a numpty blind set of officials (and we've had a few) that miss a clear goal? It's happened in the past.

I know I'm being paranoid, but with our run of form is it any wonder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't CAFC make the pitch longer, you used to be able to walk between the goal and the hoardings.
  • I had no idea the second goal had gone in until about 4 seconds after it had. Sums up the evening really - the only real enjoyment that could have been had was somehow bloody ruined.
  • God I hate those nets

You and me both...

When I take-over as Chairman of Charlton, I am going to do the following;

- change the goalposts and nets back to the 1980's style.
    - put terracing in the South Lower, West Lower and Covered Lower.
    - sign ONE superstar forward on stupid wages so that people have something to talk about/look forward to.
  • Simonsen said:

God I hate those nets

You and me both...

When I take-over as Chairman of Charlton, I am going to do the following;

Don't worry. In 5 years of RD ownership, you'll be able to buy the club for peanuts.