Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robin Williams RIP

Comments

• Options
    A great stand up comedian. Nanu nanu Mork.
  • Options
    Terrible news. A man who brought so much laughter to millions over decades yet was battling his own depression for much of that time culminating in this dreadful news. RIP.
  • Options
    Such sad news. Loved him from Mork onwards. RIP Robin.
  • Options
    RIP. Tragic news.

Thoughts to family.

So many great and truly funny films is a great legacy.
  • Options
    Shocked. Only watched Aladin with the kids at the weekend & he's even great in that as the genie. Tragic news.
  • Options
    Huge talent. RIP
  • Options
    Shocked to hear this. And was watching Mrs.Doubtfire very recently too....RIP
  • Options
    Sad news re Williams. Loved his appearance from the 1994 World Cup draw when he kept referring to Old Sepp as Mr Bladder
  • Options
    Real sad news, the balance between troubled and genius is so slim

Rip Robin
  • Options
    A great actor who made light of his addictions saying "Cocaine is Gods way of saying you have too much money"
    A very sad day.
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why is it these brilliant artists are taken down with depression time and time again.

RIP
  • Options
    Really gutted, grew up with his movies ... for a man to have made so many of us smile, to have so little to smile about himself is very sad. Hope people learn and reach out before they leap into the unthinkable
  • Options
    So sad, and such a talent. RIP.
  • Options
    Amazing how many great comedians are such tortured souls, shades of Tony Hancock. I wonder did his lofty perch in life keep him from having true friends who might have helped him ? RIP.
  • Options
    The black dog strikes again. Terrible news. RIP
  • Options
    Comic Genius. RIP Robin
  • Options
    Absolutely loved Birdcage and thought he was superb. RIP .
  • Options
    Poor poor man, all those years of suffering. Good morning Vietnam rings in my ears whenever I see or hear his name. A manic genius, RIP Robin.
  • Options
    There is something so sad about someone committing suicide, esp as in this case when they would appear to have what a lot of people would strive for - fame and fortune.
    It just shows that there is no guaranteed recipe for happiness.

I have a lot more respect and understanding of depression these days than I used to due to someone in my life now.

Would urge anyone to read 'A Life too short' by the Germany goalkeeper who's name escapes me for an understanding of how you can appear to have everything but in reality feel like you have nothing.

RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Granpa said:

Amazing how many great comedians are such tortured souls, shades of Tony Hancock. I wonder did his lofty perch in life keep him from having true friends who might have helped him ? RIP.

Just thinking the same thing Grandpa. Terribly sad news. RIP.

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Loved doubtfire. He is in so many classics. Rip.
  • Options
    Funny man , very sad RIP.
  • Options
    I Cant belive it, I feel like I have lost part of my childhood
    3 of my favourite films growing up were Jumanji, Mrs Doubtfire and Flubber
  • Options
    Shocking. Just goes to show depression can hit anyone, anytime.
    Rip
  • Options
    How sad. RIP
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted to hear this, from crazy sitcoms like Mork & Mindy to amazing straight performances like in Dead Poets Society, he was a genius. Great actor and brilliantly funny. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP

I've suffered from mental illness over the years and been too some dark places but suicide never crossed my mined, for someone to do this they must of been suffering so so bad, you are at peace now robin, no more suffering, sleep tight, god bless.
  • Options
    RIP Robin.

Desperately sad to hear this news this morning. Depression is an utter f*cker of an illness.