Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2014/2015 Squad numbers

2014/15 squad number in full:

1 Stephen Henderson
2 Lawrie Wilson
3 Joseph Gomez
4 Johnnie Jackson
5 Michael Morrison
6 Andre Bikey-Amougou
7 Johann Berg Gudmundsson
8 Reza Ghoochannejhad
10 Franck Moussa
11 Callum Harriott
13 Dillon Phillips
14 Igor Vetokele
16 Rhoys Wiggins
17 Yoni Buyens
18 Simon Church
19 Zac Ansah
20 Chris Solly
21 Morgan Fox
22 Loic Nego
23 Joe Pigott
24 Jordan Cousins
25 Kadell Daniel
26 Tal Ben Haim
27 Jack Munns
28 Harry Osborne
29 George Tucudean
30 Nick Pope
Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140803-201415-squad-numbers-revealed-1801002.aspx#yw24KjYtFI3puzXB.99

Comments

• Options
    No 9, 12 or 15, plus 8 could be left open if Reza does go.
  • Options
    "Meanwhile, Simon Church has moved to number 18 with his former number nine being left vacant."

Always thought it was harsh to do this. Must shatter confidence to suddenly be stuck with a much lesser number.
  • Options
    Simon wore 18 at reading he prob prefers it
  • Options
    As he's 18 now, does that make him as good as two number 9s? Surely that would do his confidence the world of good!
  • Options
    Interesting timing to release it just a couple of hours before the fun day. Hopeful of a new signing being unveiled today!
  • Options
    Gomez at 3 is a great move. Have to say that Moussa 10 and Vetokele 14, rather than the other way around, surprised me.
  • Options
    Thought Reza was meant to not be taking a number. I think Church prefers 18 so it doesn't necessarily say anything that 9 is vacant. Hopefully though it means we've another striker coming in. Gomez at 3 is interesting.
  • Options
    Igor wore 9 at Copenhagen, strange he has taken no 14...
  • Options
    Numbers 3 for a centre back?! PEETERS OUT
  • Options
    This is preposterous. Gomez isn't a left back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Church would have had 18 last season if it wasn't Kermorgant's preference.

Let's get Reza out the door for this new number 8.
  • Options
    Weird numbers
  • Options

This is preposterous. Gomez isn't a left back.

Balmer wasn't a keeper either. It really doesn't matter they're just numbers but if they're any indication of Bob's views then I'm glad Gomez is in the first 11.
  • Options

Can we move Cousins to number 8 if Reza leaves or is that not allowed?
  • Options

I'm not sure that you've quite got the hang of this squad numbering lark :-)
  • Options
    I'm surprised to see Henderson at number 1 and not Pope?. Or had this been decided as soon as he joined and I should climb out from under my rock?
  • Options

I'm not sure that you've quite got the hang of this squad numbering lark :-)
    I suspect Cousins would want number 8 but if the club were to take it away from Reza it could lower his value as clubs would know we were looking to sell. However I suppose they could've given Reza number 9 if that were the case.
  • Options
    Cafc95 said:

I'm surprised to see Henderson at number 1 and not Pope?. Or had this been decided as soon as he joined and I should climb out from under my rock?

I bet Pope is gutted. I reckon he would have been happy to stay at York rather than sit on the bench at Charlton, I think he has made that point before.

Squad numbers don't mean anything though..
  • Options
    Pope shouldn't be disheartened. Henderson might have a few poor games and lose the no.1 spot. It's then Pope's position to lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cafc95 said:

I bet Pope is gutted. I reckon he would have been happy to stay at York rather than sit on the bench at Charlton, I think he has made that point before.

Squad numbers don't mean anything though..
    Might even be a preference of Pope's but if not it's definitely going to have an effect on him.
  • Options
    re no 3... no big mystery or managerial thought tactics, Fox was offered 1st choice of 3 or 21 and for personal reasons he chose 21 which meant 3 was available so Joe chose it as next available low number
  • Options
    Im assuming Pope is being sent on loan to a League 1 club, hopefully with recall clause, in case Henderson gets injured.

Interesting numbers but other then a belief in "lucky" numbers or whatever else, i doubt the players really care.
  • Options
    SexyDave said:

As he's 18 now, does that make him as good as two number 9s? Surely that would do his confidence the world of good!

If you ask me more like a false 9 SD ;)
  • Options
    Phew, I'm so pleased the squad numbers have finally been announced. I've been having trouble sleeping.
    I was a virtual insomniac, in the days before squad numbers. It used to be hell waiting to see, which number players would be wearing on match day :-)
  • Options
    Marcus bent at 5 must of made you go nuts then
  • Options

Marcus bent at 5 must of made you go nuts then

6 ;-)
  • Options
    Yes your right, wasn't for us then I'm sure a striker had 5 one year