Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nick Powell

13»

Comments

• Options

cabbles said:

I'm surprised Wigan wouldn't go back in again. It would be good to see him, but what would that then say about Vetokele and Tucudean? If we did get him I can't see us playing all 3 at once and I doubt any of them would be happy to be the one on the bench.

I'm all for it. Maybe he's Reza's replacement?

It wouldn't say anything about Vetokele or Tucudean as Nick Powell is a midfielder and the other two are strikers
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25033072

The Latics already have one United youngster on loan and Coyle hopes Keane can replicate the success of forward Nick Powell, who has scored five times in 14 games since his deadline day move to Wigan.

However, his transfer deadline day move to Wigan says he is a midfielder. I'm confused.
  • Options
    He is a midfielder but an attacking midfielder but it isn't going to happen anyway just because some youngster with 900 followers on twitter said so.
  • Options
    Oh for 900 followers on twitter I could then start the gossip
  • Options
    He's an attacking midfielder, but often played on his own up front for Wigan last year
  • Options
    Very much an attacking midfielder, the question for me is, who gets bombed out to make room, would I suspect be Jackson, unless its a 4-3-3 with Powell being the attacking one of a middle 3
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Very much an attacking midfielder, the question for me is, who gets bombed out to make room, would I suspect be Jackson, unless its a 4-3-3 with Powell being the attacking one of a middle 3

even then Jackson would probably be sacrificed
    Cousins Powell Buyens
  • Options
    Think Cousins is behind Buyens and Jackson in the pecking order.
  • Options
    With over 50 games to play we'll be needing more than a basic 3 or 4 center mids. Think about how tired our midfield looked toward the end of last season (obviously AA looked tired after warming up)
  • Options
    I think IF Powell came in it would be to play just behind the striker in a front two, but essentially up top. Maybe as the attacking player in a midfield three, but he played up front for Wigan last year.

I haven't seen him many times, but when I have he's has very much concentrated on the attacking side of the game rather than defensively, so not sure he's got the discipline to play traditional midfield.

I was there at the playoff final game, one of the best goals I've ever seen live.
  • Options
    This isn't going to happen , next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why MIA, do you have secret info?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Greenie said:

C'mon Greenie , you know how it works , we come up with a 'sexy' name , go on and on about it, get all excited , and then nothing happens, this guys going to be on a fair whack , wages wise , and i don't think it fits with the owners profile of doing business , so i'm out, no way on earth it will happen..........

Edit ... Welcome to Charlton by the way Nick , always thought you'd come to the Valley , can't wait for you to pull on the mighty red shirt.
  • Options

Greenie said:

C'mon Greenie , you know how it works , we come up with a 'sexy' name , go on and on about it m, and get all excited , and then nothing happens, this guys going to be on a fair whack , wages wise , and i don't think it fits with the owners profile of doing business , so i'm out.
    Oh OK mate, I was thinking the same earlier in the thread, BUT it appears to be gathering legs, maybe everyone is quoting everyone else, so thats where the momentum is coming from....but maybe, just maybe....
    Ever hopeful of Tonbridge.
  • Options
    All this talk of Twitter rumours. He started out at Crewe Alexandra Football Club - who also use the #cafc on Twitter.... now could it be he is being loaned back there??
  • Options
    God, I hate twitter
  • Options
    Stewart said:

God, I hate twitter

Me too, until I see tweets like this:

• Options

Stewart said:

God, I hate twitter

Me too, until I see tweets like this:

reminds me of https://twitter.com/BoringMilner
  • Options
    No reason why Powell couldn't play behind the striker in a 4-5-1 formation, dropping deep when we defend. He looks a very good player, and if we manage to sign him on a Loan deal I'd be very pleased.
  • Options
    I can't help loving the excitement of this thread, can we start a Messi and Ronaldo one next, that would be better than the original orgasm thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he wont sign for us. says online there are 3 or 4 premiership clubs wanting to sign him. why would he come on loan to a championship club?
  • Options

Greenie said:

C'mon Greenie , you know how it works , we come up with a 'sexy' name , go on and on about it, get all excited , and then nothing happens, this guys going to be on a fair whack , wages wise , and i don't think it fits with the owners profile of doing business , so i'm out, no way on earth it will happen..........

Edit ... Welcome to Charlton by the way Nick , always thought you'd come to the Valley , can't wait for you to pull on the mighty red shirt.
    Errm, you are clearly forgetting about Tal Ben Haim
  • Options
    We've got Moussa to play behind the striker.
  • Options
    Wigan fans seem to think of Powell how we thought of Stephens.