Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Odd CL request#87643: removing regulator from homebase gas bottle

Have looked for a button to press but there isn't one, is it perhaps an unscrew job?

Comments

• Just pierce it with a sharp object anywhere on the bottle, It'll be fine.
  • razil said:

Have looked for a button to press but there isn't one, is it perhaps an unscrew job?

Picture of reg and bottle? Not easy to say without seeing.
  • Should be a button? Quite tricky first time but once you have done it once should be easy.
  • edited July 2014

Just pierce it with a sharp object anywhere on the bottle, It'll be fine.

That's the way to do it and if you can't quite see what you are doing just hold a cigarette lighter up close to illuminate the area.

But seriously if there's not a button perhaps you just push in the whole on/off turn lever, that's how my regulator detaches.
  • Should get a good view of your house from 400 ft up in the air!
  • Turn the 'switch/black knob' to the off position and press the switch / black knob. That's how mine works....
  • F***ing travellers! always wanting owt for nowt!
  • Sling in on a bonfire and stand well back.
  • Righty tigthy, lefty loosely, this doesn't apply to gas bottles.
  • cafcfan said:

That's the way to do it and if you can't quite see what you are doing just hold a cigarette lighter up close to illuminate the area.

But seriously if there's not a button perhaps you just push in the whole on/off turn lever, that's how my regulator detaches.
    First prize :)

• Sponsored links:

• F***ing travellers! always wanting owt for nowt!

razil said:

cafcfan said:

First prize :)

A free Tarmac'd drive to the winner?