Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Top 3 things you shouldn't compromise on..........

Things you should not buy the inferior version of, compromise on the quality of or think it can be done on the cheap.....

1. Toilet paper
Why risk something so important when for the sake of a quid more it can be like using a quilt

2. Sausages
Never buy sausages with less than 86% pork - what do they put in these things ?

3. Mattress
You spend a lot of time in bed so get comfortable

Comments

• Car Brake components.

Condoms

Shoes
  • PL54 said:

Things you should not buy the inferior version of, compromise on the quality of or think it can be done on the cheap.....

1. Toilet paper
    Why risk something so important when for the sake of a quid more it can be like using a quilt

Remind me never to stay in your spare room.
    The Bed linen may not be as clean as necessary.
    :-)
  • Handcuffs
    Whip
    Charlton Season-Ticket..

What can I say... I like a bit of pain lol!
  • Curry Houses - very picky about this, not sure who you can trust.
    Vodka - can't stand the cheap stuff.
    Baked Beans - Heinz only - will never eat any other brand.
  • Toilet paper
    Baked beans
    Partners
  • Supporting Charlton (many have tried to change it and failed)

Smoking in my house/car (I don't care who you are smoking around my kids or in my house is a no no!)

Sky tv! (Changed it once, never again)
  • Baked Beans is a good one - Tomato Ketchup too
  • Marching powder
    Gary Albetts
    Booze
  • Breathing
    Beer .... bottles yes cans no
    Brown Sauce Daddies nothing else
  • Sponsored links:

• Eggs
    BBQ Food
    Razors
  • edited July 2014
    If you've got young kids, baby wipes: Test them all personally, some of them are absolutely horrible and give the ringer-stinger from hell. It's not always the big name brands that are good.

Beer: Never accept the inferior substitute called lager unless the temperature is over 30°c. Never drink from bottles if draft is available. Never drink from cans if bottles are available.

Photographic equipment: Stop kidding yourselves about smartphone picture quality. Get a dedicated camera from a reputable company.
  • Mayonnaise
    Protein
    Ice cream
  • Curry Houses - very picky about this, not sure who you can trust.
    Vodka - can't stand the cheap stuff.
    Baked Beans - Heinz only - will never eat any other brand.

Umm, interesting, because Branston Beans are far, far better!

Cars - cheap cars are, well, cheap.

Cotton buds - the end comes off in your ear and the stem bends on the cheap ones - Johnson's is the brand.

Deck shoes - Sperry Top-siders - the original and best.

• Values
    Honesty
    Meat
  • Beans - Branston are far nicer than Heniz
    Baby Wipes
    Car Tyres
  • Baby wipes - no wonder the world is going to hell in a handcart! What's wrong with soap and a flannel?
  • Definately Branston over Heinz and for a very good reason too. The Heinz business model is based on buying the cheapest ingredients and selling at the highest price they can; nothing at all to do with quality. The only thing that's better about Heinz is their marketing department.
  • Sponsored links:

• Having played golf next to a Branston factory, the smell has put me off their products for a long time !
  • Tea
    Razors
    Thorough rehearsals.
  • Coffee

Fresh fruit and vegetables

Shoes
  • Bin liners
    Tea bags
    Cling film

That's an incredibly boring answer.
  • 1. Shoes
    2. Toilet paper
    3. Bin bags
  • 1. My dogs medical care.
    2. My dogs training.
    3. My dogs food.
    As for toilet paper it's Detol and a wirebrush in this house!
  • Stig said:

If you've got young kids, baby wipes: Test them all personally, some of them are absolutely horrible and give the ringer-stinger from hell. It's not always the big name brands that are good.

Couldn't agree more. The MiL uses Johnsons and they are utter shite. We use Asda own brand and they're brilliant! I'm not even sure how we managed to survive without them before we had a baby. They're just so useful in general!
  • Big quality TV
    Amp
    Speakers (floor standers not those silly little cube things)

next 3
    Sky
    Blu Ray player
    more speakers to go with the floor standers, lots of them.

next 3
    Room with sofa
    food
    and a wife to enjoy, with you, all of the above. (not that my one shares my interest in the above.)
  • Big quality TV
    Amp
    Speakers (floor standers not those silly little cube things)

next 3
    Sky
    Blu Ray player
    more speakers to go with the floor standers, lots of them.

next 3
    Room with sofa
    food

There speaks a man you get the impression from the list, generally doesn't have to compromise much !! :-)

• Laptops/Computers. The cheap ones normally last a couple years before you have to knock them on the head
    Beer. Excelsior from Lidl tastes just terrible, experience has taught me to just splash out a few more quid for something nice.
    Nights out. If you really don't want to go somewhere. Like really hate the idea of it odds are you won't enjoy it too much