Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ross Barkley

Signed a new 4 year deal at Everton worth 13.5m.

Comments

• Options
    So he'll be off to one of the Big 6 soon then.
  • Options
    The only thing it will guarantee is that Everton will get a decent transfer fee for him if he moves on.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Great player. The cynics may say this is just about getting a fee etc, but this guy genuinely does love Everton.
  • Options
    One of England's greatest raw talents at this moment, Martinez is the man to be managed by for a season or two if he want's to excel even further.
  • Options
    sensible lad, continuing to work under Martinez.

already cracked the England squad so maybe he'll stay for a while.
  • Options
    Despite the silly money involved, which is the norm today for English players that wouldn't get into many other international sides, this is good business for both parties. The player earns a fortune and the club get to keep him for a couple of years and then get a decent fee for him.
  • Options
    That's what you like to see. A bit of loyalty shown by a young player to the club that has brought him on instead of moving to a top 5 club for more money to sit on the bench. Makes a change for once.

Martinez is the man to make him world class.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

That's what you like to see. A bit of loyalty shown by a young player to the club that has brought him on instead of moving to a top 5 club for more money to sit on the bench. Makes a change for once.

Looks to me like he is staying for big money
  • Options
    Not a manager better for him to learn under, martinez is a top top mgr learning his trade the right way

Barkley has made the best move if his career by signing that
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Looks to me like he is staying for big money
    You're right, it is big money but compare him to the likes of Luke Shaw who is on £100k+ a week at Man U. I am sure had Barkley gone to the likes of United he would be matching that easily.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Signed a new 4 year deal at Everton worth 13.5m.

Good on him. Two words if he is thinking of moving. Jack Rodwell. Everton are going places, especially if they can get Lukaku in. Great club with a top manager.
  • Options
    £65k a week for a player as good as him with lots of potential at an established Premier League club seems like decent value for both parties. There will be many worse players earning much more.
  • Options
    Good move this. It's players like Barkley who need to be brought on properly for England's future.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Good move this. It's players like Barkley who need to be brought on properly for England's future.

We just need a manager brave enough to pick them and stick with them for once. Even if they don't impress in a pointless 45 minute friendly outing.
  • Options
    He has great potential. Could be England's star player over the next couple of tournaments.
  • Options
    I know he is young and has potential but 6 goals and 0assists as an attacking midfielder in the premier league in 46 or so games. Is that worth that level of money.
  • Options
    Someone's got his head screwed on! Either that or his advisors are top notch!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Great player. The cynics may say this is just about getting a fee etc, but this guy genuinely does love Everton.

So did Wayne Rooney.

Personally think he's made a smart move. Yes, he'll be off when the big boys come knocking, but he's at least assured that the club he loves (and gave him his break) get a decent deal out of it. Not a million miles away from Shelvey did when he was here, just on a bigger scale.................
  • Options

I know he is young and has potential but 6 goals and 0assists as an attacking midfielder in the premier league in 46 or so games. Is that worth that level of money.

Only 34 in the Prem, a number from the bench and he's rarely left on for the full 90 minutes. Pretty good for someone so young. Plus a lot of his game has involved driving the ball up the pitch and creating space and opportunities for the likes of Mirallas and Lukaku, which isn't recorded in the stats
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Also a bit of a smack in the face for Reading and Ipswich who saw him through their youth systems for a total of nine years... unless, of course, the above is a fabrication by another deluded Wendy. :-)
  • Options

Also a bit of a smack in the face for Reading and Ipswich who saw him through their youth systems for a total of nine years... unless, of course, the above is a fabrication by another deluded Wendy. :-)

Indeed Callum but can I just say Conner Wickham loved it here, he actually said on Radio Sheffield that his stint here was his most enjoyable of his career, if we had the money last season to sign him from Sunderland he would've signed 100%

Nothing oozes sincerity like being thanked on someone else's behalf

It makes it more significant imo, although CW did it numerous times on live radio.
  • Options

Indeed Callum but can I just say Conner Wickham loved it here, he actually said on Radio Sheffield that his stint here was his most enjoyable of his career, if we had the money last season to sign him from Sunderland he would've signed 100%

Nothing oozes sincerity like being thanked on someone else's behalf

It makes it more significant imo, although CW did it numerous times on live radio.
    yeah, not every day a player says he'd love to sign for life and he loves a club...
  • Options
    i prefer gnarls...
  • Options
    Before operationpig gets too carried away about Hillsborough being such a great place for bring on young footballers, perhaps he might enlighten us regarding in which league the Wendies have occupied 6th, 1st, 2nd, 12th and 2nd position over the last 5 years?
  • Options
    sm said:

Before operationpig gets too carried away about Hillsborough being such a great place for bring on young footballers, perhaps he might enlighten us regarding in which league the Wendies have occupied 6th, 1st, 2nd, 12th and 2nd position over the last 5 years?

Strange dig if I may say so.

• Options
    Martinez will be at Arsenal when Wenger retires.
  • Options

sm said:

Strange dig if I may say so.

Just making the point that teams which are regularly near the top of their league for fouls committed (or in having referees who are biased against them if you wish) are not the best place for young players to develop.