Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool & Doncaster Squad Problems

How can 2 teams neglect their squads so much with under 2 weeks to go.

What happens if by the beginning of the season they do not have enough players?

Comments

• "The training ground is currently being utilised by eight permanent players, coaches without contracts and a collection of trailists.

New boss Jose Riga has landed only one transfer target, Estonian striker Sergei Zenjov, and has been forced to cancel to club’s pre-season tour to Spain due to a lack of players, with the club not even possessing a goalkeeper.

The club’s only playing asset of note, Thomas Ince, departed for Hull - forcing Blackpool to wait on a tribunal - along with another 26 other players at the end of the season.

Their first friendly is due to take place this Saturday against non-league Penrith, but whether Riga and his staff will feel confident enough to take on the minnows is another question".

• Suspect player recruitment was put on hold at Doncaster pending the takeover led by John Ryan & the one direction singer. This takeover, I believe, has collapsed. The current owner will now have to produce a budget and commence signing players.

Whilst the FL will almost certainly have rules dealing with teams with less than 11 players, it won't be necessary in these cases, as sides will simply put players in from their youth teams (regardless of whether this is ideal).
  • Doncaster Squad..

No. Position Player
    3 England DF James Husband
    4 SA MF Dean Furman
    5 England DF Rob Jones (captain)
    12 NI DF Luke McCullough
    15 England DF Liam Wakefield
    16 England DF Jamie McCombe
    19 England MF Richie Wellens
    21 Spain MF Marc de Val
    22 Jamaica FW Theo Robinson
    23 England MF Kyle Bennett
    25 England MF Harry Forrester
    29 England MF Harry Middleton
    30 England FW Alex Peterson
    - England DF Mitchell Lund
    - England MF Ben Askins
    - England MF Billy Whitehouse
    - England MF Lewis Ferguson
  • Part of me wonders if there is a higher amount of Players available on Free Transfer than there usually are.

We've just had the end of the first real year of FFP and I wonder if players are demanding their usual high wages without realising that Chairman wont pay as much as they used to because of these restrictions, if thats the case you could see a real rush for players come the start of the season (I know Freebies can join any time) yet by the time the season starts, players may then realise that they're not gonna get what they want
  • Of the Doncaster squad listed James Husband left a couple of days ago.
  • edited July 2014

"The training ground is currently being utilised by eight permanent players, coaches without contracts and a collection of trailists.

New boss Jose Riga has landed only one transfer target, Estonian striker Sergei Zenjov, and has been forced to cancel to club’s pre-season tour to Spain due to a lack of players, with the club not even possessing a goalkeeper.

The club’s only playing asset of note, Thomas Ince, departed for Hull - forcing Blackpool to wait on a tribunal - along with another 26 other players at the end of the season.

Their first friendly is due to take place this Saturday against non-league Penrith, but whether Riga and his staff will feel confident enough to take on the minnows is another question".

They played Penrith last weekend and won 4-0

4 trialists started the game and a further 2 were on the bench
  • Oldham have just cancelled their team photo as they have no kit!
  • edited July 2014

Oldham have just cancelled their team photo as they have no kit!

I'd have made them wear their pants.
  • edited July 2014

Oldham have just cancelled their team photo as they have no kit!

Cheaper to do a " Calendar girls " pic ....but would need to buy loads of balls (or not!)

• Oldham have just cancelled their team photo as they have no kit!

Cheaper to do a " Calendar girls " pic ....but would need to buy loads of balls (or not!)

Sticks of rock