Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Relegation candidates being promoted - could it be us?

2»

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:

I really don't know where all this false optimism is coming from. We are relegation favs for a reason. we stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season and our manager and alot of the key players who helped us do that are know departed. We have a very young and inexperienced squad a lot of which have not played together and will all be adopting to a new system under BP. We haven't exactley set the world on fire in any of our preseason encounters as well. So for anyone to suggest we are in for anything other than a relegation fight at this point, in my mind are over optimistic to say the least. I hope and to be proved wrong though.

And since when has common sense ever had anything to do with Charlton?
  • CH4RLTON said:

I really don't know where all this false optimism is coming from. We are relegation favs for a reason. we stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season and our manager and alot of the key players who helped us do that are know departed. We have a very young and inexperienced squad a lot of which have not played together and will all be adopting to a new system under BP. We haven't exactley set the world on fire in any of our preseason encounters as well. So for anyone to suggest we are in for anything other than a relegation fight at this point, in my mind are over optimistic to say the least. I hope and to be proved wrong though.

True. I renewed my season ticket.

I am still waiting for someone to explain what the 'interweb' is.
  • CH4RLTON said:

I really don't know where all this false optimism is coming from.

Its seriously_red. He's brainwashed us all. Well 74.9% of us :-)
  • edited July 2014

CH4RLTON said:

I really don't know where all this false optimism is coming from.

Its seriously_red. He's brainwashed us all. Well 74.9% of us :-)
    Let's be reasonable here - I was very confident of us staying up because we were finally winning a few games and as we eased up the table the pressure lifted...we played better.
    A handful of that first team which won every other game have left the club. The back five looks about the same and if Henderson doesn't cut it we have Pope.
    It's the front six which looks very different and on paper much better... Not just on paper as we have Liege fans talking up Buyens and YouTube clips of Gudmundsson hat tricks vs the Swiss.
    We simply are not a bottom six squad anymore but we ain't top 10 either.
  • Be happy if we stay up - expecting another season of hoofball but at least the pitch will look better.
  • Why can't people just have a little hope this season?!

I am actually quite optimistic
  • vff said:

CH4RLTON said:

True. I renewed my season ticket.

I am still waiting for someone to explain what the 'interweb' is.
    Interweb

ˈɪntəwɛb/

noun humorous

the Internet.
  • NomSoup said:

Why can't people just have a little hope this season?!

Previous experience?
  • NomSoup said:

Why can't people just have a little hope this season?!

There are so many unknowns that any optimism like pessimism is flawed.

I think most don't have a bloody clue whats going to happen so its a bit unfair to expect people to be positive with so much uncertainty about players and management.