Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

films/tv programmes that do actually mention charlton

fever pitch (1997 version), love actually, about a boy, (all good british films) - one or even two of those do momentarily, actually mention charlton, but for the life of me i cannot recall which...? anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    also i just about recall a quick charlton mention in "touching evil", the robson green detective series from the late 90's.
  • Options
    I've watched Fever Pitch and Love Actually but can't remember if Charlton is mentioned either...... My guess is Fever Pitch because it's a film about an Arsenal fan and Arsenal in 1989 - we were still in the old Division One then, weren't we?
  • Options
    Albert's Memorial
  • Options
    Rodneys wedding, when his middle name was read out.
  • Options
    The Football League Show.
  • Options
    Buster Edwards film
  • Options
    There was a Charlton scarf on the wall in an episode of Gavin & Stacey.

Notes on a Scandal, the Judy Dench character's quote on her ex or late husband that he was a Charlton Athletic supporter, but it didn't seem to bring him much pleasure.
  • Options
    Grange Hill - Derek Hales' picture on classroom wall.
    Flood - had some aerial shots containing The Valley.
    Tim Vine at the Apollo - "Charleston Athletic" joke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Buster starring Phil Collins. Or was it Richard Collins?
  • Options
    Sure all this has been done before on here.
  • Options
    lol - on the computer, but just heard on the tele "what sort of team will Charlton put out, is Bartram playing" - Foyles War
  • Options

apologies bob, i'm new.
  • Options

lol - on the computer, but just heard on the tele "what sort of team will Charlton put out, is Bartram playing" - Foyles War

happy days...
  • Options

apologies bob, i'm new.
    It's close season. Always looking for things to talk about. If we banned repetition on this site we'd be pretty much out of threads by now. If Bob wants to look up the old thread and reminisce, that's cool. Each to their own.
  • Options

happy days...
    Was it Fonzie who mentioned us?
  • Options
    Second Sight - Clive Owen TV series. He was a detective losing his sight who was a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Second Sight - Clive Owen TV series. He was a detective losing his sight who was a Charlton fan.

ahhh, right, thats the memory i mistakedly put down to "touching evil", thx telmc2.
  • Options

happy days...
    Was it Fonzie who mentioned us?
    ;>)))) yeeeeeaaaahhhh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Le's Miserables
  • Options
    We got a mention in East Enders once. Den Watts said something like 'there's more atmosphere at. Charlton home game than there is in here tonight'

Jim Davidson had a Charlton scarf on his bedroom wall in 'up the elephant and round the castle'
  • Options
    Mike Bassett Manager

http://youtu.be/ClvL3Z_Ah2A

7:25 or so
  • Options
    Dr Who -The Happiness Patrol / Silver Nemesis.
  • Options
    Breaking Bad....the beginning's cut off but Walter White has just been told that Yann Kermorgant has joined Bournemouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_oFE9ovNk
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Breaking Bad....the beginning's cut off but Walter White has just been told that Yann Kermorgant has joined Bournemouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_oFE9ovNk

i believe you want the other thread, this one is real charlton mentions, though that was funny underscored cafc:>)
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

ahhh, right, thats the memory i mistakedly put down to "touching evil", thx telmc2.
    No worries pal. Pretty sure he had one of our flags or a scarf on the wall of his flat.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

No worries pal. Pretty sure he had one of our flags or a scarf on the wall of his flat.
    There was a scene where him and his lad were watching an Addicks game on the tele too.
  • Options
    Brush strokes, apparently it was the pies that made him support charlton