Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Switzerland v England 8th September.

Heading out to Basel for the first match of euro 2016 quallifing group.
First time I would of followed England abroad.
Anyone else going out there for it?

Comments

• Options
    8th September I mean.
  • Options
    Whats the point, will scrape through qualifying then go missing in 4 years. It's like ground hog day.
  • Options
    Try and tickets for France 2016. Only tournament I'll probably go out to. So going to make an effort to get some caps on the board. Plus good games against Ireland and Scotland coming up.
  • Options
    who's in our group?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

who's in our group?

Switzerland
    Slovenia
    Estonia
    Lithuania
    San Marino

Two qualify, one goes into play-offs.
  • Options
    Think I read that they are re-evaluating how they give priority for tickets. I'm sure it said that home games would earn priority for tournament tickets.
  • Options
    2 points for home games. 1 point for away games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So you get more points for lining the FA's pocket than spending hundreds of pounds following England around Europe?!
  • Options

So you get more points for lining the FA's pocket than spending hundreds of pounds following England around Europe?!
    Only way they will get people to attend some terrible home games in our group.
  • Options
    wow, that came round quick after brazilapalooza...
  • Options

Sadly perhaps I love home games, a shirt trip to Kings X for me, a couple in the Mable Tavern then Euston Sq to Wembley Park, I am 46 but still get a buzz walking Wembley way with my lad and whilst the atmosphere can often be flat (Ghana being a recent exception) home in time to hear Scotland have shipped a late equaliser to the Faroe Islands, now with an additional 2 tournament points in the bag as an England fan member what's not to like? As for cost, family stand block 112 for members cost £35 for 8 year old and me, travel cards for 2 from Knebworth with rail card £14
  • Options

A new approach to the national side would help that. I think it's a shocking way to treat the faithful England fans.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Sadly perhaps I love home games, a shirt trip to Kings X for me, a couple in the Mable Tavern then Euston Sq to Wembley Park, I am 46 but still get a buzz walking Wembley way with my lad and whilst the atmosphere can often be flat (Ghana being a recent exception) home in time to hear Scotland have shipped a late equaliser to the Faroe Islands, now with an additional 2 tournament points in the bag as an England fan member what's not to like? As for cost, family stand block 112 for members cost £35 for 8 year old and me, travel cards for 2 from Knebworth with rail card £14
    Not been to Mabels for years. Was my local for two years in 90's as lived round corner in Dukes Road.

How much is family stand mbership.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Its still a great pub,half football half office bods, no stresses about pavement drinking os and sheperds name so they keep a nice pint new lanlord is friendly, England fan membership is free online (I forget the latest name as I still call it the England travel club from 1990) and Swerve on here with his lad George are also members.
    The new Parcel Yard at Kings x (fullers) is also good and worth a visit *note addicks going to Peterborough
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Great point! Bloody miss those 'twin towers' though mate! That really did it for me - iconically special.
  • Options
    Easiest group we could have asked for. I'm sure we will storm the groups with world class Sterling, Lallana, And Sturridge. Well, that's what we're told.
  • Options
    We do seem to get easy groups, I'm sure our dismal failure in WC2014 will have an effect on that going forward though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We do seem to get easy groups, I'm sure our dismal failure in WC2014 will have an effect on that going forward though

Ah, but we always seem to make hard work of them. Switzerland away won't be a pushover.
  • Options

Ah, but we always seem to make hard work of them. Switzerland away won't be a pushover.
    Switzerland away will be a certain defeat
  • Options
    I really like Basel, great little city. Anyone ever tried the jump in the river method of getting from the city park into the centre. The River is so strong it just sweeps you in, regular commuter method, though your in trouble if you don't get off in time.
  • Options

Why? No offence but I England are so frustrating and dull to watch. I'd resent every penny.
  • Options

Why? No offence but I England are so frustrating and dull to watch. I'd resent every penny.
    Watching Charlton was far worse than watching England last season.
  • Options

Do you not ask the same question to yourself most Saturdays?
  • Options
    It will be spot on go there with the lads enjoy a few beers and take in the game the memories of the trip will be relived for years.
  • Options
    Echo what Bourne said - some of my best ever memories are from following England away - you'll get hooked though The Brand 09 -well on aways - home games are tripe.
  • Options
    All booked, 8 of us going I think. Been to Switzerland a few times but still looking forward to it, not flying directly to Basel so we also have a couple of decent train journeys to add to the mix and enjoy a beer and the views.

Like @SE7toSG3‌ we also really enjoy the home games, probably a lot to do with the boy who has barely missed one since he was five. £25 for the pair of us behind the goal for the Norway game so good value. I guess the new caps system will benefit us as we do all the homes...trying to get his caps up so I can get him to a game in France 2016.

Also booked for Estonia, and hotels in Glasgow sorted!