Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Lennon has gone on loan to Cambridge / Gillingham / Recalled

Comments

• Options
    Lennon played the full 90 mins in last night's JPT match
  • Options
    gone to Gillingham on a youth loan
  • Options
    Didn't get games in League 2, comes back and gets a loan to League 1. Hopefully he'll get a run of starts there.
  • Options
    Peter Taylor's the right man for him.
  • Options
    Good move for him and close to home I assume. Hope he does well there and kick starts his career.
  • Options
    Good luck to the lad. Decent move for him.
  • Options
    Been recalled from Gillingham for will probaly be part of the squad for the Blackburn game
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Been recalled from Gillingham for will probaly be part of the squad for the Blackburn game

Bit short in defence all of a sudden. If only we hadn't given away one of the best centre halves in the division to Birmingham.
  • Options
    Do you mean Morrison? Wouldn't say one of the best in the division. He was so good he couldn't get in our team.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    imagine if the club didn't realise that, play him, we win, draw Man U away then get chucked out for an ineligible player

can't see any other reason for recalling him really
  • Options

imagine if the club didn't realise that, play him, we win, draw Man U away then get chucked out for an ineligible player

can't see any other reason for recalling him really

Scrub that. I was looking at the League game . . . he didn't play in the FA Cup tie :-)
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Do you mean Morrison? Wouldn't say one of the best in the division. He was so good he couldn't get in our team.

…because we have two of the other best centre halves.
  • Options
    Lennon is a good option on the left side of a back 3. It certainly didn't suit Bikey playing there at Ipswich.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Lennon is a good option on the left side of a back 3. It certainly didn't suit Bikey playing there at Ipswich.

Or Gomez, who started there.
  • Options
    I have seen Harry Lennon have good games as the left side CB but
    when we played Cardiff at the valley in an U21 game this season was exposed as a LB,
    as two crosses came in from the wide man.

I have never seen 3 CB's work unless you have two wing backs in front to cover the wide men of the opposition.
    and as Wiggins isn't fit, he must be there to cover for Bikey and TBH.

By the way, i know it seemed to work 2nd half against a hapless Cardiff at the valley.
    But any well coached side would slaughter us down our left side, with only the very right footed cousins or
    Gomez for cover in front.
  • Options
    If Lennon plays in the FA Cup he wont be able to go out on Loan again as he'd have played First Team Football for three clubs.

Something for Bob to think about...
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

That sounds promising. I've got a mate who's a big Gills fan and reckoned he was ok there (he literally said he was "ok" - don't get too excited!). Not sure if he's ready to step up though ?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I have seen Harry Lennon have good games as the left side CB but
    when we played Cardiff at the valley in an U21 game this season was exposed as a LB,
    as two crosses came in from the wide man.

I have never seen 3 CB's work unless you have two wing backs in front to cover the wide men of the opposition.
    and as Wiggins isn't fit, he must be there to cover for Bikey and TBH.

By the way, i know it seemed to work 2nd half against a hapless Cardiff at the valley.
    But any well coached side would slaughter us down our left side, with only the very right footed cousins or
    Gomez for cover in front.

You also need at least one of the centre halves to be able to shift over to a full-back position to cover the wing-back. I suppose with us that could be Gomez playing as the right-seed centre-half and covering Solly or Onyewu as the left-sided centre-half covering Wiggins when fit. This system also allows you switch between three and four at the back when needed. Look at how successful it was for England at Euro '96 under Venables.
  • Options
    Spent the day with my Gills supporting cousin today who said in the little they saw him (I think it was only one game) he looked very good! He also apparently impressed in training! One gills blogger said he could gave been their best loan signing in a few years. And that him leaving was something to do with the manager bring sacked. A long the lines of new manager will want new players so send this kid bsck! Someone else said he chose to return after the sacking...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    LOAN | @HLennon94 has joined @TheGillsFC on an initial one-month, youth loan deal http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-harry-lennon-loan-gillingham-2722914.aspx … #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    The 20-year-old academy graduate spent part of last season with the Gills, playing two games in League One http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-harry-lennon-loan-gillingham-2722914.aspx#QF4cfUt3CouHA1Lk.99 … #cafc
  • Options

Good, we were looking a bit 'overweight' in our CB options. Loaning him out should give us funds for Joe Cole or N'Zogbia on loan

I doubt we could afford Andy Cole let alone Joe
  • Options
    So cover for Bauer and central midfielder Diarra is now Sarr or lightweight LB Fox. Lennon, Obileye, Thomas on loan and Konsa went off early for U21s where his central partner was RB Staunton.

How many of our conceded goals have been corners or crosses? About to get worse.
  • Options

So cover for Bauer and central midfielder Diarra is now Sarr or lightweight LB Fox. Lennon, Obileye, Thomas on loan and Konsa went off early for U21s where his central partner was RB Staunton.

How many of our conceded goals have been corners or crosses? About to get worse.

Arsene Wenger has been advising Guy that defenders don't matter
  • Options

I believe I read on this forum that Thomas plays his last game on loan tomorrow. One out, one back
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    ross1 said:

I believe I read on this forum that Thomas plays his last game on loan tomorrow. One out, one back
    Thomas' loan has been extended until January. Good to see he's getting regular football but that leaves Konsa or Staunton as our 4th choice CB.

I guess we'd probably bring in a loanee if one of Bauer, Diarra and Sarr pick up an injury.

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-terell-thomas-woking-loan-2732916.aspx
  • Options
    I went to Chesterfield v Gillingham yesterday, Lennon scored and I thought that it made a change for one of our defenders to score.
    Shame it was not whilst playing for us!