Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Alnwick

Played for Jose yesterday and Bradford week before. Medical issue solved?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes I saw that.
    Btw, it's a personal family issue I believe, not his as such and AFKA doesn't want us to talk about it. This is about the 3rd time this "problem" been brought up, just to let everyone know.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/62992/looks-like-ben-alnwick-will-be-signing-for-riga#latest
  • Options
    He would be a more than useful addition to Bob's squad surely?
  • Options
    I know we are not supposed to talk about it but wouldn't this be the equivalent of signing an exceptionally injury prone player. Do you want that?
  • Options
    not in the know so couldn't say. Opinion based on performances last season especially Huds.
  • Options
    For the guy to be back playing football, it surely suggests that he is able to continue his career playing on a regular basis.

I reckon we should ask him to come back, thought he was very good, better than Hamer in my opinion. Oops I forgot, another one of our first teamers that left!
  • Options
    I liked Alnwick as well. I don't understand what was going on behind the scenes but it was obviously traumatic for Ben. Glad he's getting options to get back in the game.
  • Options
    Think I'd be traumatised if I was replaced by Thuram.............
  • Options

Think I'd be traumatised if I was replaced by Thuram.............

I don't understand the joke?
  • Options
    Excellent interview in today's Football League Paper with Ben.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Excellent interview in today's Football League Paper with Ben.

And ?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Says he was enjoying CAFC and playing under SCP then RD came along so left before he was pushed because RD wanted Clown to play in goal and SCP said no.
    Also article on BP that says he's a decent fella, done a few different things and is ambitious. Re. game yesterday Igor is good and they were unlucky.
    £1.50 saved.
  • Options
    Does he play for Huddersfield then ?

Has Hamer played for Leicester yet ?
  • Options
    Peterborough
    No
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Button is looking good for the Bees at the moment too. They were two good keepers we let go; although it seems like we had no choice with Button.

Very disappointing if it's true that Alnwick was pushed. Does put to rest the rumours of us doing the dirty on him before the family problems took place.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Button is looking good for the Bees at the moment too. They were two good keepers we let go; although it seems like we had no choice with Button.

Very disappointing if it's true that Alnwick was pushed. Does put to rest the rumours of us doing the dirty on him before the family problems took place.

Button the better of the two in my eyes. Disappointed when he went, as I personally thought he was the best GK at the club..............
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

It's a good article but ambiguous about the timing of his son's problems. If anything if implies the problem existed before he left, but he is clear he "jumped before he was pushed" because he was told "the owner says it's mandatory the new guy starts". Says Powell "held his ground as long as he could".
  • Options
    Not a fan of Button. Far too weak and that was exploited by us on a couple of occasions at Griffin Park.
  • Options

Says he was enjoying CAFC and playing under SCP then RD came along so left before he was pushed because RD wanted Clown to play in goal and SCP said no.
    Also article on BP that says he's a decent fella, done a few different things and is ambitious. Re. game yesterday Igor is good and they were unlucky.
    £1.50 saved.

That can't be true, he's just bitter he was forced out the club like everyone else who's said it.......ya da ya da ....

Decent enough keeper, would be happy for him to come back if it's deemed Pope isn't ready yet. Depends how long Henderson is deemed out too.

• Options
    DRAddick said:

£1.50 saved.

That can't be true, he's just bitter he was forced out the club like everyone else who's said it.......ya da ya da ....

Decent enough keeper, would be happy for him to come back if it's deemed Pope isn't ready yet. Depends how long Henderson is deemed out too.

Think Peterborough would have something to say about that, its not like he is a free agent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Button? What did he do here to make you think he was good? Let alone the best at the club. Alnwick on the other hand was superb
  • Options

£1.50 saved.

So Powell, Dyer and Alnwick have all said exactly the same on that one now.
  • Options
    Did'nt rate Button, dropped some crosses then got himself dropped. Would have Alnwick back but understand is contracted to Peterborough.

Actually not sure about Henderson yet, dodgy kicking/distribution, saw him v Brentford & Wigan. Just my opinion and hope i'm wrong.
  • Options

£1.50 saved.

With what Powell and Dyer have been quoted as saying, I would not trust Duchatelet as far as I can throw him.

• Options

£1.50 saved.

you mean the same clown who only played 4 games, RD could not of wanted him in goal that desperately
  • Options

£1.50 saved.

With what Powell and Dyer have been quoted as saying, I would not trust Duchatelet as far as I can throw him.

Because once Riga came in Thuram played every game....oh wait.
  • Options

£1.50 saved.

I wonder whose opinion RD would listen too ?
  • Options
    - The Belgian owner came in and everything changed. BA got a phone call from the club to say the owner says its mandatory that the new guy (Thuram) starts. CP held his ground for as long as he could so that‘s why I jumped before I was pushed.

- BA’s 18 month old son has been diagnosed with a rare genetic condition septo-optic dysplasia and he took time off to care for his family.His family were still based in Newcastle at the time. With the right medication he should be able to live a normal life. He’s moving to live in Peterborough and bringing his family with him.
  • Options

£1.50 saved.

I wonder whose opinion RD would listen too ?
    He may well have told Powell to play Thuram, i'd completely disagree with him about it.

However, its pretty clear he's no longer doing the same to Riga or Peeters so the idea he is untrustworthy is a bit much.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

- The Belgian owner came in and everything changed. BA got a phone call from the club to say the owner says its mandatory that the new guy (Thuram) starts. CP held his ground for as long as he could so that‘s why I jumped before I was pushed.

- BA’s 18 month old son has been diagnosed with a rare genetic condition septo-optic dysplasia and he took time off to care for his family.His family were still based in Newcastle at the time. With the right medication he should be able to live a normal life. He’s moving to live in Peterborough and bringing his family with him.

Very pleased to hear this about Alnwick and his son, lets hope everything turns out OK for his son and Alnwick's career.