Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Book Review: Battle for the Valley

Comments

• Options
    We move on
  • Options

We move on

Those that do not know their history are destined to repeat it.

: - )
  • Options
    edited July 2014

And while we're on the subject still have some of these for sale.

£5 minimum donation to the Charlton Athletic Museum for a set. Inbox me for details.
  • Options
    Is there a chance this book will be released electronically? (Kindle / Google Play Books?)
  • Options

Is there a chance this book will be released electronically? (Kindle / Google Play Books?)

Not sure if the author posts on here : - )

No mention of e-versions on the website so can't say.

• Options

It's not impossible, but my experiments in that direction haven't been very encouraging. It's not something I am planning to do in the near future, but I haven't ruled it out entirely.
  • Options
    "The final climatic events" had nowt to do with the weather. I don't blame the reviewer, more likely the News Shopper, which once amended my 'elegiac' to 'elegant'. Shurely shome mishtake!
  • Options
    Is this a new version ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That'll devalue it
  • Options

Proper Charlton (middle aged) had their copies personally dedicated back in 1991....

You'll be telling us next that you have Curbs' book signed by the great man himself.......

• Options
    whose signature is that?
  • Options

whose signature is that?

Rick, @Ketman 's dad
  • Options
    Will it be made into a movie?
  • Options

And while we're on the subject still have some of these for sale.

£5 minimum donation to the Charlton Athletic Museum for a set. Inbox me for details.

Still got some available Henry?
  • Options
    Still some available.

They are postcards and postcard size in case anyone isn't sure but the feedback we've had has been excellent.

Inbox me.

I'm off to pick up some cabinets and something else very special for the museum today but will respond ASAP to any requests.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Addickted said:

Proper Charlton (middle aged) had their copies personally dedicated back in 1991....

My copy has been signed by 21 people.

You really need to find another way to occupy yourself in the bus queue.

Battle for The Valley can be bought in the new Welling United shop on Park View Road from today, for those locals keen to save the postage.

I've offered it to the Charlton shop - no response to date.
  • Options
    Copies will be on sale from the trust stall behind the north stand before the Colchester game tomorrow night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You'll be telling us next that you have Curbs' book signed by the great man himself.......

I do have both books but Curbs signature is on a signed and dedicated (to me!) photograph. Linking to another post:- my daughter has a shirt signed by Mark Kinsella and Matty Svensson - those were the days!
  • Options
    Finally had a chance to read the new edition.

Excellent, even better than the original. The new material adds a lot. Thoroughly recommended.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Battle for The Valley can be bought in the new Welling United shop on Park View Road from today, for those locals keen to save the postage.

Now available in the Valley Superstore, as well as by mail order at www.votvonline.com.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Now available in the Valley Superstore, as well as by mail order at www.votvonline.com.
    Good news. Wonder if Katrien or Roland have read it yet?!
  • Options

Addickted said:

Good news. Wonder if Katrien or Roland have read it yet?!
    I did give Katrien a copy in September. She may have needed something to prop up a wonky desk, of course ...