Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Internationals

How many of our current first team squad are current full internationals, I reckon:

Reza, Iran
Church, Wales
Vetokele, Liberia?
Bikey, Cameroon
Tal Ben Haim, Israel
Gudmundsson, Iceland

plus some of our younger players are representing their country at junior levels

not bad for little old Charlton

Exciting!

Comments

• Options
    vetokele is Angola i think
  • Options

vetokele is Angola i think

Correct
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Based on Recent Call-Ups
    Reza Ghoochannejhad... Iran
    Simon Church... Wales
    Igor Vetokele... Angola
    Tal Ben-Haim... Israel
    Johann Berg Guðmundsson... Iceland

Youngsters
    Morgan Fox... Wales
    Jordan Cousins... England
    Joe Gomez... England
    Archie Edwards... England
    Karlan Ahearne-Grant... England
    Piotr Parzyszek... Poland

Ex-Internationals
    Andre Bikey... Cameroon (Hasnt played since 2010)
    Yoni Buyens... Belgium (U21s in 2010)

Am sure I've missed off some of the Youngsters playing for Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland?
  • Options
    Almost like the old Prem days stuffed full of internationals from Iceland, Denmark, Finland, Morocco, England, Ireland, etc
  • Options
    It seems strange but it appears Cousins not called up for England under 21/20, whichever, today.
  • Options
    Bulot - Gabon
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Bulot - Gabon

Aren't they due to play Angola soon in the ACN qualifiers ? if so I wonder when the last time two current Charlton players lines up against one another in a competitive international game ?

Edit : It's Gabon v Angola TODAY ! How did it miss that, assume it's been reported elsewhere ?
  • Options
    Also, I have mixed feelings about Igor & Angola. I want them to win and do well, and him personally to score for them. But if they do well they'll qualify for the ACN and then we lose our star striker for a good few games. Very confusing this having international players lark.
  • Options
    International weekends are so boring but at least the stress levels are reduced. Let's just hope none of them come back injured.
  • Options
    Talal said:

International weekends are so boring but at least the stress levels are reduced. Let's just hope none of them come back injured.

One could consider a little friendly against another local club who is in the same position. This way there would be less bordom.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Bulot - Gabon

Aren't they due to play Angola soon in the ACN qualifiers ? if so I wonder when the last time two current Charlton players lines up against one another in a competitive international game ?

Edit : It's Gabon v Angola TODAY ! How did it miss that, assume it's been reported elsewhere ?
    Gabon won 1-0, I believe Fulot started and was subbed, Igor was a sub and came on later, got this from other threads. I think most of us want Angola to do badly so they don't go to the finals