Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Updated Squad List - 11 July 2014

2»

Comments

• Options

I haven't seen our new recruits until Welling tomorrow, but we are assembling a bloody tough squad. Ben-Haim knows all about top-class opponents, and Bikey will get stuck in where it hurts. We have Franck Moussa, who will attack quickly from midfield, and Gudmundsson, who will skin defenders on the wing. We have a clutch of good strikers - Ventokele, Reza, Church, et al - who are each perfectly capable of slamming it in to the onion-bag.

There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't come out fighting at Brentford in four weeks' time. We must be aggressive, fast, intuitive, rehearsed, subtle - and tough. There is no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't stamp our authority and have a damn good season.

Blimers !!!

I'm agreeing with VF !!!!

Peace & love, man..

:-)

Careful, Fanny - don't be rash. Think of Jonathan Swift, and William Hogarth. And Rowlandson, Gilwray, Auberon Waugh and Richard Ingrams. Did Jane Austen or Ernest Hemingway need multiple exclamation marks or winking emoticons to make their serious point with humour?

!!!! :-(

I was hoping you wouldn't mention my rash....

• Options

I haven't seen our new recruits until Welling tomorrow, but we are assembling a bloody tough squad. Ben-Haim knows all about top-class opponents, and Bikey will get stuck in where it hurts. We have Franck Moussa, who will attack quickly from midfield, and Gudmundsson, who will skin defenders on the wing. We have a clutch of good strikers - Ventokele, Reza, Church, et al - who are each perfectly capable of slamming it in to the onion-bag.

There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't come out fighting at Brentford in four weeks' time. We must be aggressive, fast, intuitive, rehearsed, subtle - and tough. There is no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't stamp our authority and have a damn good season.

Blimers !!!

Peace & love, man..

Careful, Fanny - don't be rash. Think of Jonathan Swift, and William Hogarth. And Rowlandson, Gilwray, Auberon Waugh and Richard Ingrams. Did Jane Austen or Ernest Hemingway need multiple exclamation marks or winking emoticons to make their serious point with humour?

You need a tincture of passion-flower mixed with old-man's-beard and a shot of laudanum. Never argue with Samuel Pepys.

• Options

Blimers !!!

Peace & love, man..

You need a tincture of passion-flower mixed with old-man's-beard and a shot of laudanum. Never argue with Samuel Pepys.

If you sat near me at The Valley, you'd know I have enough passion already, Flower !

• Options

Blimers !!!

Peace & love, man..

If you sat near me at The Valley, you'd know I have enough passion already, Flower !

We are made for each other, Fanny. I'll be the man on the terraces at Park View Road, hunched under an umbrella and laughing uproariously when the ball goes sailing over the wall in to Watling Street.

Don't let me down. Love from Christopher Marlowe.
  • Options
    Oi .... get a room, you two!

• Options
    Do I sense that VF is a literary man
  • Options
    Wish I could sit near to Viewfinder for a game.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Likes a decent pint.

Not lager.

;o)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Rob said:

Likes a decent pint.

Not lager.

;o)
    Oggy - I trusted you implicitly as a chaperone for me and Fanny. Now I find that you prefer "clubbing" in Newquay to a romantic tryst between Zennor and Madron.

There is nothing wrong with a good hearty walk from Easington Colliery to South Shields - via Cargo Fleet and Billingham refinery.

• Options
    Rob said:

Whether he is a literary man or a man of literature depends on which side of the Medway he was born.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Blimers !!!

Peace & love, man..

It's worrying when that happens, isn't it?
  • Options

I know big bob has only mentioned 442 and 4-3-3 but I really hope he adapts that to become a 4-2-3-1 as u think this would be a quality team!

Pope
    Solly Morrisson bikey Wiggins
    Cousins buyens
    Gudmundsson Moussa Harriott
    Vetekole

Imagine the pace going forward! Would be crazy to watch! May concede a few but bound to excite!

The whole point of 433 with those kind of players is that it is easily changed to 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 when need be.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Rob said:

Likes a decent pint.

Not lager.

;o)
    Oggy - I trusted you implicitly as a chaperone for me and Fanny. Now I find that you prefer "clubbing" in Newquay to a romantic tryst between Zennor and Madron.

There is nothing wrong with a good hearty walk from Easington Colliery to South Shields - via Cargo Fleet and Billingham refinery.

You'll have to find another chaperone - I'm not going to sit and watch you carrying on with a lady.

PS: In your photo of Staithes pretty harbour, did you spot PZ4, the Penzance registered fishing boat?
  • Options
    Actually reckon Reza will be a huge player for us this year. I thought he was class for Iran at the world cup up top on his own - was surprised how well he competed in the air. If he can bring that form back with him he'll be giving a lot of defences in the championship problems.
  • Options
    jac52 said:

Actually reckon Reza will be a huge player for us this year. I thought he was class for Iran at the world cup up top on his own - was surprised how well he competed in the air. If he can bring that form back with him he'll be giving a lot of defences in the championship problems.

i may have missed this question/answer, but will reza make the spain jaunt?
  • Options
    I see Muldoon and Osborne are on the OS site as development squad players for the coming season, so assume that must have signed new contracts
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Rob said:

Likes a decent pint.

Not lager.

;o)

You'll have to find another chaperone - I'm not going to sit and watch you carrying on with a lady.

PS: In your photo of Staithes pretty harbour, did you spot PZ4, the Penzance registered fishing boat?
    Yes Oggy, I did spot the PZ for Penzance, and at first wondered if Bill Stumps was trying to pass off Cornwall as the North Yorks coast! But I realised it was Staithes, and just to check enlarged the photo to see the Cod & Lobster restaurant, which I confirmed on Google.

Coincidentally a couple of weeks ago I bought a book of photos of the Iron Coast - the stretch from Staithes to Redcar - at a knockdown price from a secondhand bookshop in Rainham, Kent. Shot in black & white in the 1970s: brooding and atmospheric, in the fine tradition of Bill Brandt.

• Options
    I believe Parysek is leaving on loan. Right decision which should do him well.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I see Muldoon and Osborne are on the OS site as development squad players for the coming season, so assume that must have signed new contracts

I have just realised that they have Osborne in the first team squad and the dev squad but no Joe Gomez, got to be a mistake by admin
  • Options
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

I have just realised that they have Osborne in the first team squad and the dev squad but no Joe Gomez, got to be a mistake by admin

Most likely not been updated from last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you have a look Henry you will see there are no players that have left and all new players added
  • Options
    ross1 said:

If you have a look Henry you will see there are no players that have left and all new players added

Cheers