Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open

Just finishing off in there this afternoon and the course is looking spectacular

Anyone getting the chance to go this year if the weather holds your in for a treat the most welcoming town that it's been in imo

Come for the weekend the people of hoylake are fantastic

Comments

• Options
    Sorry NLA but the thought of you finishing off over a good looking golf course has now got me really worried and Im not sure I can even watch it on Telly.
  • Options
    Sadly not. I toyed with the idea as I’d like to see Mickelson announced as defending champion. However, like many of my ideas, it amounted to zero.

I actually hope the weather is bad, not for people going but because scoring was very low last time. I’d like to see a winner at no better than -10. Having had a quick re-look at 2006’s results, Adam Scott finished in the top 10 so presumably likes the place. Sergio was also up there, and Angel Cabrera who won at the weekend and so is in good form.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

Sorry NLA but the thought of you finishing off over a good looking golf course has now got me really worried and Im not sure I can even watch it on Telly.

It was when he shouted 'Get in the hole' that got me.
  • Options
    He's here, he's there, he's every *******where, nla, nla.
  • Options
    The Open always seems to be the major I see least of. I saw these from yesterday, though:

Insert your own Simon Church joke here.
  • Options
    This is one sporting event ive always wanted to attend,was hoping to make this years but moving so fingers crossed it will be next year.Betting wise ive gone for A.Scott,H.Matsuyama,S.Garcia and G.McDowell.
  • Options
    Rory looking good but I wish he'd stop chewing gum.
  • Options
    Hasnt taken me long but already swearing at the tv because of the only thing that ruins The Open Is PETER ALLISS!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Has McIlroy been sponsored by Kwik-Fit this year?
  • Options
    been invited there on a corporate, but it was on Saturday and I can't make it.....would've loved to go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was gonna post earlier that I thought Cabrera worth a shout, then saw he was 3 over after 7 holes !!!
  • Options
    Don't mind him chewing it, just wish he'd keep his gob shut while doing so. Yuck. It'll be the Keegan Bradley spitting image show later. Peasants.
  • Options
    MOBY DUCK said:

Has Mcllroy been sponsored by Kwik-Fit this year?

The thing is, there will be fat middle aged b'stards who look like me like me out there next week sporting that stuff. Hilarious. I have a nice lime green number that I wear with white trousers. I feel great on the course but I feel like a tit on the walk to ands from the club. How does that work? Weird.

• Options
    And another moan - why does the been feel the need to give a sanctimonious apology every time Tiger curses? He does it all the time so don't zoom right in on him every time he hits a bad one!
  • Options
    Weather is good up here and the golf great

Tiger is something else to see up close has a real aura about him

Rory was bouncing around last night and has a great feel for the course already wished I had backed him not Henrik

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Stenson has just snapped his wedge over his thight at least a minute after he hit the offending shot. Wanker.
  • Options
    I put this in the betting thread and might get an answer here...

One for the betting experts......

If a bookie is offering to pay out 7 places on the first round of a major and there are 15 golfers that finish in joint 7th. Do they pay out on 21 golfers? (the other 6 being the top 6)???????
  • Options
    They pay out dead heat all the players finishing 7th.If it was only two players tied for 7th you would get your stake halved
  • Options
    Rose, Mclroy or Scott for me
  • Options
    Can't see Mcllroy winning it and certainly worth betting against him as he will struggle once the wind blows
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can't see Mcllroy winning it and certainly worth betting against him as he will struggle once the wind blows

He must be used to the wind & the rain growing up in Ireland.
  • Options
    Lead in the Open before until the wind got up and came nowhere and even last week at Aberdeen shot a course record 64 in benign conditions to follow it up the next day in the wind with a 78!
  • Options

He must be used to the wind & the rain growing up in Ireland.
    McIlroy has said before he doesn't like playing in rough weather, he also said the open was the major he would always struggle in.

He prefers US courses hence he moved onto the US tour as soon as he could.

Would love him to win but after watching yesterday I think Tiger looked a good shout, depends if he can string consecutive good rounds together.
  • Options
    John Daly is such a dude.

• Options
    Bit sad that there are only 2 Englishman in the 51 players currently Even or Under
  • Options
    And one of them is an amateur!!!
  • Options
    Rory is absolutely flying now, it's his to lose from here
  • Options
    I was up there yesterday NLA! We should have had a pint! Won money on Chesters top amateur and Tom Watson top senior too. Have Garcia, Gallagher, McDowell, Scott, Stenson and Bradley e/w - up already whatever happens!

Nobody will get close to Rory now.
  • Options
    Tee times all early today to avoid the thunderstorms