Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wimbledon 2014

Murray 2 sets down against Dimitrov

:-(

Comments

• Yep Len, he's having a stinker, he'll soon be Scottish again.
  • Not playing well at all
  • Murray OUT!
  • Murray out. He played poo.
  • Dimitrov played really well, but Murray was terrible!
    Greenie said:

Murray OUT!

Poor Richard Murray, getting attacked again :-)
  • TBF They really hyped the Dimitrov guy up saying he would be a stern test and so it proved.

You wouldn't be surprised to see him reach the final with Djokovic not at his best (losing as well)

Certainly seeing the future of tennis on both sides so far.
  • Bl@@dy useless Jock. ;-)
  • ABM
  • Back to being Scottish it is then... Will need a visa next year to take part hopefully!
  • Yes, lets get back to watching proper English sporting legends. I am so looking forward to seeing Rooney and Gerrard next year. Oh, hang on....
  • Sponsored links:

• So does this mean Brits can stop pretending they have any interest in tennis early this year?
  • Yes, lets get back to watching proper English sporting legends. I am so looking forward to seeing Rooney and Gerrard next year. Oh, hang on....

There's always Cricket? No Rugby? err em, tiddlywinks!

Still enjoy scoffing at the sour faced Jock Strap anyway...
  • edited July 2014
    Memo to self: Don't bite.
  • We don't have to like him. Plenty of other English or British sportsmen i would prefer to lose as prefer a foreigner in that sport. It is not because he is Scottish.

• Memo to self: Don't bite.

Are you Suarez in disguise?
  • edited July 2014
    Come on Fed!

2 sets each.

Nothing against Djok but Fed deserves his 8th Wimbledon title especially with great players like Djok pushing him all the way.

This is great stuff!
  • Is that Djokovic choking (lost in is last 4 or 5 finals) and Federer does keep very cool regardless of the situation.
  • I want Fed to win but not by default through injury.

Hopefully just a bit of cramp or something.
  • 4 games all in the 5th set...
  • come on Novak
  • Sponsored links:

• |Boom - well done Novak.
  • Thanks.
  • Tennis?..........womens game.
  • Tennis?..........womens game.

JPR Williams wouldn't agree with you.

http://www.rugbydump.com/2008/11/733/a-short-tribute-to-jpr-williams

I'll let you tell him

:-)
  • Great match today, a pleasure to see 2 great sportsmen both playing really well and giving it all.
  • Isn't it about time the ladies started playing best of 5? Never understood why they should get equal pay when they don't play 5 sets, seems to me the guys get screwed on this.
  • edited July 2014
    Everyone knows I dislike Murray, but IMO there is a reason for what happened this year, just look at there coaches

The 2 finalists:

Roger Federer- Stefan Edberg (Former World Number 1 41 Titles 6 Grand Slams)
    Novak Djokovic-Boris Becker (Former World Number 1, 49 Titles 6 Grand Slams)

Andy Murray-Amélie Mauresmo (Former World Number 1 25 Titles 2 Grand Slams)

And his old coach when he won Wimbledon
    Andy Murray-Ivan Lendl (Former World Number 1 94 Titles 9 Grand Slams)

That says it all to me yes Mauresmo was a good player, but would she go down as a all time great no
    Would Eberg, Becker and Lendl yes

And Murray is now 10th in the world
  • Not a fan, but Murray did have quite a serious back injury at end of last year which meant he couldnt defend a lot of his ranking points.

I think a lot of his problems are mental rather than others suddenyl being better than him.
    No way is he only 10th in the world - to me still firmly 4th best player, albeit at a lower level than the 3 above him.
  • MrOneLung said:

Not a fan, but Murray did have quite a serious back injury at end of last year which meant he couldnt defend a lot of his ranking points.

I think a lot of his problems are mental rather than others suddenyl being better than him.
    No way is he only 10th in the world - to me still firmly 4th best player, albeit at a lower level than the 3 above him.

According to the official ATP Rankings, he has played more tournaments this season than Del Potro and the same amount as Raonic, and both of them are above him
    Also Wawrinka is almost 3,000 points above him playing in 1 tournament more
    so even taking out the rest he would still be 7th
  • Yeah but he wasnt fit enough to do as well in those tournaments as in the previous year, so he dropped a lot of ranking points.

It is hard to solely use ranking points as to who is best.
    Recall once Player A beat player B in Wimbledon final but that meant Player B actually overtook Player A to become new number 1. Even though he had just lost to him.

Last year at one point Federer was down to about 7th in the world.
    For me a fully fit Murray is still 4th in the world.