Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Web Design/Development

Anyone on here a professional web developer/designer?

Have an interesting business idea with backing but need a highly experienced web developer

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    My daughter in law is a self employed web designer so could pass on your email address to make contact if you wish.

Message me if you want to follow this up.
  • Options
    Thanks fanny ill message you now
  • Options
    Account Director at a small agency. Happy to give some input if you want to DM.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    My mate is a very good web designer.

tony@boombydesign.com
  • Options
    I've got a couple of web projects that I am looking to have made - ones pretty simple, ones a little more complex - the simple one updates itself via social media streaming, the other I need to have some sort of easy article update (probably via Wordpress)

I don't mind if wordpress templates/themes are used as long as colours fit my branding accordingly

I don't have a huge budget, so would be good for a more junior/hobbyist - if anyone knows of anyone that might be able to help, please let me know and I will send them more information!
  • Options
    ah anyone have any thoughts on the d i y ones available, 1 & 1 and the like?
  • Options
    There's a massive difference between a Web Designer and a Web Developer, it's rare that you can be an expert in both, so be clear on what you need. It's a little like expecting a goal keeper to be able to play up front as well.

If it's a big project you're better off getting one person who really knows web and getting them run the project and outsource the Design / Dev.

My advice would be to always think about the user / customer and what they actually need rather that what you think they might like, keep it simple.

Like everything you get what you pay for, but larger web agencies are a complete rip off so it's finding the right balance.

I've been in this industry since 1999 and run my own agency.
  • Options
    reserves said:

There's a massive difference between a Web Designer and a Web Developer, it's rare that you can be an expert in both, so be clear on what you need. It's a little like expecting a goal keeper to be able to play up front as well.

If it's a big project you're better off getting one person who really knows web and getting them run the project and outsource the Design / Dev.

My advice would be to always think about the user / customer and what they actually need rather that what you think they might like, keep it simple.

Like everything you get what you pay for, but larger web agencies are a complete rip off so it's finding the right balance.

I've been in this industry since 1999 and run my own agency.

do you have a link and what would be a rough idea of what it would cost?
  • Options

If you're looking for a DIY type website, then I'm not the best person to ask. If you ask around friends there's usually someone who can build a quick site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    reserves said:

If you're looking for a DIY type website, then I'm not the best person to ask. If you ask around friends there's usually someone who can build a quick site.
    no I'm looking a professional job.
  • Options
    I know a web designer, who has done a good job for a couple of people on here.

If you want details let me know. It's only paid work, not gratis.
  • Options

yes I'm interested, is he part of the cl family?
  • Options
    How much are you prepared to manage yourself?

Not quite in the game anymore but can put you in touch with my designer and then a developer to put it all together?
  • Options

How much are you prepared to manage yourself?

Not quite in the game anymore but can put you in touch with my designer and then a developer to put it all together?

I'm interested in discussing options. I'm happy to be involved in managing, assuming it's not too involved or complicated.
  • Options

yes I'm interested, is he part of the cl family?
    No, he's a close friend, going back to our schooldays.

Like I say, he's done work for a couple of people on here, who both told me they were very pleased.

I've sent you a message. See your inbox.
  • Options

ah anyone have any thoughts on the d i y ones available, 1 & 1 and the like?

I used 1&1 for my company ...very simple and good results for a basic website
  • Options
    For a very professional service, extremely competitive and ability to prove a bespoke service, I strongly recommend W3 Applications in Essex. They created a website from scratch based on some vague ideas that I put forward with a mate for a new joint venture. The result is perfect.
  • Options
    thanks to se10addick and covered end. i'll let you know how i get on, cheers lads.