Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Germany V Algeria

Just like the France game surely only one winner
We have seen some tight 2nd round matches so far but this and the France one I would expect there to be at least 2/3 goals separating the 2 teams by full time

Muller will have no problems with the Algerian defence

Comments

• Hope so, i put him in for this round. I am on 196 points for the Sun one, i think im doing quite well! How many are you on Paul?
  • Hope so, i put him in for this round. I am on 196 points for the Sun one, i think im doing quite well! How many are you on Paul?

Why you not in the CL league then
    I am 4th with 190
    Whoever Luke Stewart(Charlton In Disguise) and Stuart Paton (Stu's Worldys) are, they are running away with it 270 and 267 respectively
  • Thats what they said in 1982. Algeria 2 West Germany 1.

Why you not in the CL league then
    I am 4th with 190
    Whoever Luke Stewart(Charlton In Disguise) and Stuart Paton (Stu's Worldys) are, they are running away with it 270 and 267 respectively
    Im in another league, currently 2nd (out of 15) by 3 points. Tenners in on that one so im paying an interest in it. Those scores are ridiculous - fair play to them

• the leader in the whole country has got over 350 points. Madness.
  • 'kin ell, i reckon i could pick a 23 man squad and not get that many points!
  • Stubleyaddick and the the red robin need 2-0 Germany to score 19 points in this round of the CL prediction league.
  • Come on the Algerians.
  • Deutschland uber alles.
  • game on.
  • Sponsored links:

• kommen auf Greens
  • am I the only one having trouble seeing the algerian team? It can't be easy for them to spot their team mates but on the plus side they can sneak up on the germans
  • rina said:

am I the only one having trouble seeing the algerian team? It can't be easy for them to spot their team mates but on the plus side they can sneak up on the germans

It's a bitch on my b+w tv.
  • Are Germany supposed to be this shit?
  • Been impressed by Algeria, well organised but pass the ball well and have created a few chances. Germany play so far up the pitch they are going to get chances in behind them. Will be an interesting second half.
  • Great to see the Germans looking worried.

• It seems the so called lesser footballing nations are getting better and better over time and closing the gap on the traditional power houses. I do see Germany winning this but like France and the Netherlands they will have been made to work for the victory and not turn up to steam troller the opposition. Algeria have been brave and worked their socks off so far but I expect they will be undone by some fine trickery from Muller or Kroos late on. Ozil has been very poor.
  • edited June 2014
    That's right Glenda. It's Germany v Al Jazeera.....LOL
  • "Al Jazeera"
  • at least he didn't call them al qaeda
  • Sponsored links:

• Well he does a lot of punditry on Al Jazeera tv so easy mistake to make.
  • Why no Boogy for Algeria? Missed last match too. Only report I could find was in French, roughly translated as he has "a few little niggles" which coach refused to divulge. Plus he has said he will observe Ramadan, which is currently underway. Think there might be more to this story.

Team mates doing well enough so far without him - COYG!
  • its just that final bloody ball..algeria have been class
  • How the f&£k is this 0-0?
  • Comedy free kick there, great stuff...
  • edited June 2014
    Germans have been playing with rush keeper.
  • One of the best 0-0 games I have ever seen. Well done Algeria for giving it a go.
  • It seems the so called lesser footballing nations are getting better and better over time and closing the gap on the traditional power houses. I do see Germany winning this but like France and the Netherlands they will have been made to work for the victory and not turn up to steam troller the opposition. Algeria have been brave and worked their socks off so far but I expect they will be undone by some fine trickery from Muller or Kroos late on. Ozil has been very poor.

Think the gap will only get smaller. Most of these nations players now play in decent leagues across Europe and with and against top players. They are no mugs. Gradually other nations teams will suffer from too many foreigners as the England team has teams like Costa Rica, Algeria, USA etc will catch up. Maybe not a bad thing as the World Cup will be one more interesting, more exciting. Already two more goals this World Cup than 2010. The gap is closing and teams like Algeria realise that if they give it a go then why can't they beat Germany.

• For a 0-0 this has been one of my favourite games of the tournament. Algeria like so many of the African teams have such a shit final ball but work so hard and should have buried the Germans long ago. Think the Germans will break through in extra time.
  • bylbyl
    edited June 2014
    some posters said earlier, england would go through in group H with belgium - algeria -russia :)

According to fifa rankings algeria was the best team in africa before ghana, and after i saw their game with belgium, i saw they were good indeed