Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mexico's Manager

A clip from 20 years ago, demonstrating his (ahem) rather excitable nature....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-I9vN1Z4ilM

Comments

• Suspect it's actually Zack Gallifinackis, clean shaven and more drug addled than usual
  • edited June 2014
    He's been my favourite thing about this World Cup so far, he's a complete nutcase and it's brilliant. Great to see a manager have as much passion as all the fans.

• well mexico's coach lost the game vs the netherlands for me

everything went ok for mexico, until they went 1-0 up. He subs his most attacking and best footballing midfielder Dos Santos for a defensive player and goes bunkering for 30 minutes. if you are scared you get beaten.
  • byl said:

well mexico's coach lost the game vs the netherlands for me

everything went ok for mexico, until they went 1-0 up. He subs his most attacking and best footballing midfielder Dos Santos for a defensive player and goes bunkering for 30 minutes. if you are scared you get beaten.

Agreed, especially against the Dutch who have 3-4 players who can score from nothing, you need to keep them out of your defensive third as much as you can not sit back and invite them in.

Mexico have plenty of attacking talent too so not like they can't play.
  • But dont you just want to slap Robben about!
  • bylbyl
    edited June 2014
    i hope we won't see a "belgian nightmare" to happen. And that would be facing netherlands in semis and get beaten by a cheating Robben after we outplayed them.

Belgian dream scenario would be netherlands in the semis and beat them 1-0 after a PK given for a dive and netherlands having outplaying us :)

Some dutchspeaking forums are funny. both dutch and belgian so afraid to meet in semis and lose to one another :)

The rivalry between belgians and dutch is fierce sportingwise and we had to suck up with all their glorious moments for way to long lol.
    We need some "you remember 2014 in brazil"- argument to balance the bashing :)
  • byl said:

i hope we won't see a "belgian nightmare" to happen. And that would be facing netherlands in semis and get beaten by a cheating Robben after we outplayed them.

Belgian dream scenario would be netherlands in the semis and beat them 1-0 after a PK given for a dive and netherlands having outplaying us :)

Some dutchspeaking forums are funny. both dutch and belgian so afraid to meet in semis and lose to one another :)

The rivalry between belgians and dutch is fierce sportingwise and we had to suck up with all their glorious moments for way to long lol.
    We need some "you remember 2014 in brazil"- argument to balance the bashing :)

Already beaten the Yanks then?
  • Come on the States!
  • byl said:

It's alright. You can avoid it by losing to the Yanks.
  • Interesting piece on the salaries of the managers/coaches of each of the World Cup teams.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10889731/World-Cup-2014-coaches-and-managers.html

At the risk of understatement, Herrera's £125,000 certainly looks good value against Capello's £6.69 million from Russia.

The same applies to Roy Hodgson's £3.5 million. Much as I quite like the man, why do we need to overpay people, recognising that Sven-Goran Eriksson set the bar extremely high ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I know it can't work like that but you're picked for your country based upon how well you've done for your last club or two where presumably you will have made a lot of money so whereas we'd all have no problem with Roy getting that much if he'd won the damn thing, I can't help the overwhelming feeling that his pay should be based on the progress of the England team (actual definitive tournament progress, not bullshit Greg Dyke progress)
  • Blucher said:

Interesting piece on the salaries of the managers/coaches of each of the World Cup teams.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10889731/World-Cup-2014-coaches-and-managers.html

At the risk of understatement, Herrera's £125,000 certainly looks good value against Capello's £6.69 million from Russia.

The same applies to Roy Hodgson's £3.5 million. Much as I quite like the man, why do we need to overpay people, recognising that Sven-Goran Eriksson set the bar extremely high ?

Capello - he must have earned the best part of 30 million quid plus from us and the Russians and delivered.....fuck all.

Unbelievable - or not actually.