Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

great british comedies pleeeez!

Comments

• Just watched a few inbetweeners on sky. If your missing England you can't get better imo.

it grew on me...& love the dad of the short, blonde one who makes occasional appearances - naturally funny man.
  • Bless This House was good, Sid James was very amusing.
  • I'm surprised no one's suggested Miranda yet, that normally goes down well with Lifers.
  • Green Wing and Smoking Room.
  • Just watched a few inbetweeners on sky. If your missing England you can't get better imo.

Just finished watching it with the Chinese Mrs, it made me miss home even more.

Black books is also amazing.

• Black books is also excellent.
  • I'll second Rev and Spaced. If you like Ricky Gervais I'd try Extras too.
  • wow, so much inspired british comedy, BIG gratitude, i have spent (what seems like) the last 24 on the you tube and down low on the high seas..

it grew on me...& love the dad of the short, blonde one who makes occasional appearances - naturally funny man.
    it grew on me too. I hated the inbetweeners when it first came out. I was the exact same age as all the characters and had just come from private school back to the state sector for sixth form college and made it look like we were all briefcase wankers. Then i realised how freakishly and hilariously similar the though processes i had when i was 16 and conversations i had with my friends were the exact same as the characters!

I remember Skins was massive at around the same time, i think one of the inbetweeners actors commented "skins is how we all wanted our teenage years to be like, the inbetweeners is what it actually was like!" classic.

Spaced as previously mentioned is awesome. If you enjoy political satire, the thick of it is fantastic.

it grew on me too. I hated the inbetweeners when it first came out. I was the exact same age as all the characters and had just come from private school back to the state sector for sixth form college and made it look like we were all briefcase wankers. Then i realised how freakishly and hilariously similar the though processes i had when i was 16 and conversations i had with my friends were the exact same as the characters!

I remember Skins was massive at around the same time, i think one of the inbetweeners actors commented "skins is how we all wanted our teenage years to be like, the inbetweeners is what it actually was like!" classic.

Spaced as previously mentioned is awesome. If you enjoy political satire, the thick of it is fantastic.
    nice insight ka.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mrs Brown's Boys - it's an Irish imitation of 1970s British comedy - refreshingly unPC even if it's also a bit cringe worthy at times. Swearing too on a par with a train journey to South Bermondsey on a match day!
  • Mrs Brown's Boys is almost as bad as Miranda. Not quite , but still very very crap.

Each to their own though!
  • I love Mrs Browns Boys and Brian Murphy lives at the end road.
  • Meant to say at the end of my road.
  • seth plum said:

Rev

Love Rev. Then I am one of those pesky Christians...
  • Grass with Simon Day is pretty good, Snuff Box and Toast Of London can be quite funny as well if you like IT Crowd
  • ads said:

Grass with Simon Day is pretty good, Snuff Box and Toast Of London can be quite funny as well if you like IT Crowd

Both of these I was a bit bewildered with what I was seeing after the first episode but stick with them and you'll be rewarded. Matt Berry is quality.
    No-one else rates Phone Shop then?
  • edited June 2014
    American Pie
  • The Booze Cruise trilogy. Great writing And characterisation despite a couple of characters changing actor/career between the first and second shows. Neil Pearson and Brian Murphy and some sun lotion. Gem

just finished the first 11 you tube clips (1st series?), a really plaeasant chuckle jaunt, many thx silly billy:>)
  • edited June 2014
    +1 for 'Black Books', 'The Inbetweeners', and 'The IT Crowd'.

Not strictly British, and a bit older now, but 'Father Ted' should be compulsory viewing.

If you haven't seen 'Phoenix Nights' that is also well worth checking out.

'Man Down', with Gregg Davies and the late great Rik Mayall was the best 'new' one I've seen recently. I was hoping for a second series but I don't know if they'll be able to do it without Rik.

'Friday Night Dinner' is another more recent one which is also pretty good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Brass Eye,
    Spaced,
    Nathan Barley
    The Day today,
    The Thick of It,
    Phoenix Nights,
    Alan Partridge,
    Garth Marenghis Dark Place
  • Nighty night
  • dizzee said:

American Pie

Stiffler is the funniest man in the world.
  • dizzee said:

American Pie

errr, british??? i requested great giggles from blighty please - i get offered enough of this fodder already just by living here. still working my way through all the other british suggestions, massive laffs, thx again all...
  • Nighty night

lovn' nighty night, big thanks avid.
  • from all your inspired british comedy suggestions, (so far), my personal favorites (of those new to me) are:

booze cruise
    phoenix nights
    nighty night
    the thick of it

thanks again from a not so glamorous part of lost angles...
  • dizzee said:

American Pie

errr, british??? i requested great giggles from blighty please - i get offered enough of this fodder already just by living here. still working my way through all the other british suggestions, massive laffs, thx again all...
    Aaagh F*** it, got carried away when I saw American Pie!
  • all calm thx elf, tho not big on american pie type stuff, but did love the first "ron burgundy anchorman" and "bad santa".
  • all calm thx elf, tho not big on american pie type stuff, but did love the first "ron burgundy anchorman" and "bad santa".

The road trip one was a goodie.

The road trip one was a goodie.
    agree, an understated corker, two masters in their flow...