Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Suarez makes you sick? Here's an antidote

I don't know about anyone else but I've always thought of Giorgios Samaras as a bit of a clown at the top level of football. So I was pretty impressed with the way he put away that penalty the other night.

But that's nothing to this story.

Top, top man.

Comments

• Love that
  • Love seeing these stories . Well done Giorgios.
  • edited June 2014
    Great to see. Compare his attitude to Suarez, he's a different class of person.
  • Simply wonderful. Top bloke.

And that young lad is made up even though he couldn't be there.

• Although he did dive to win that penalty ....
  • top post, top story and top bloke.

warms the cockles of me heart, got a tear in me eye. thanks for posting prague.
  • Totally agree with the OP here. Never taken him seriously, now I'll feel good about cheering him on. What a way to not only restore a little faith in the possibility of decent people being involved in football, but also to highlight precisely how reprehensible football's subplots otherwise are.
  • Some interesting follow up on "Sammy" . I had not realised that Celtic have let him go and he's currently a free agent. Found out from one of my Celtic fanatic friends, who wrote me today:

Yes he's a really decent bloke and very likeable but when it comes to football, week in week out, if you get a 1 in 10 decent performance from him that's probably me exaggerating.

He gives the impression that he's lazy, whenever he loses the ball doesn't chase after it plus often his ball control is found wanting.
    When Celtic decided to let him go I wasn't disappointed although the way they did it was disgusting.
    Seemingly Lennon wanted to keep him but Peter Lawwell told him he would have to take a large wage cut to stay on........virtually forced him out the door after giving 5 or 6 years to the club.

I also discovered from his Wikipedia page that we were interested in him in January 2008, that would have been a Pardew signing.
  • Altruism aside, he is pony
  • Sponsored links:

• Some interesting follow up on "Sammy" . I had not realised that Celtic have let him go and he's currently a free agent. Found out from one of my Celtic fanatic friends, who wrote me today:

Yes he's a really decent bloke and very likeable but when it comes to football, week in week out, if you get a 1 in 10 decent performance from him that's probably me exaggerating.

He gives the impression that he's lazy, whenever he loses the ball doesn't chase after it plus often his ball control is found wanting.
    When Celtic decided to let him go I wasn't disappointed although the way they did it was disgusting.
    Seemingly Lennon wanted to keep him but Peter Lawwell told him he would have to take a large wage cut to stay on........virtually forced him out the door after giving 5 or 6 years to the club.

I also discovered from his Wikipedia page that we were interested in him in January 2008, that would have been a Pardew signing.

He scored two cracking goals for City against us in about 2006 (season before relegation) in a 3-2 loss at Maine Road - it was just after City signed him and he looked like he would be the next big thing but really tailed off.
  • edited June 2014
    Lol I think nobody ever took him serious because he has long hair! Bit like poyet..

But I respect him now. Decent person wish every player was like him,

He will be a Celtic legend forever now... What a nice bloke.
  • Pretty unique I would say.
  • I couldnt see the actual video of when they met on that story. I saw this the other week. Must have been a great day for Jay and his family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVm3Q4Gn9j4
  • Up there with Danny Ings now, top man.