Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monday September 12th 2005

Without looking it up on Google, can anyone remember what happened on this truly momentous day ?
And where were you when it happened?

Comments

• Options
    I was about to start Uni, but did we go top of the Premier League?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I was about to start Uni, but did we go top of the Premier League?

Nope.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    England won the ashes after the greatest ashes ever? Not certain. Game ended in a draw by the way.
  • Options

England won the ashes after the greatest ashes ever? Not certain.

Did you cheat ? if not, then well done.

Yes, Monday 12th September 2005 was the day that Rudi Koertzen and Billy Bowden came up to the Oval wicket after a rain delay and took the bails off to signify an England win in the Ashes, in what has been called the series of the century - and what a series it was.

Me, i was busy watching the events unravel whilst working in not-so sunny Leeds, wishing that i was there.
  • Options
    No, it's just one of those days that I will remember for the rest of my life, after a glorious summer of fantastic cricket. Be honest with you I knew it was September 2005 and it was a Monday, what I didn't know was the actual date. I've always had a love of cricket, in fact played for over 25 years two days a week. Still love it, but unfortunately the body will not allow the pleasure of leather on willow.
  • Options
    Well done Kerry.
    A series that i will also remember for the rest of my life - along with the incredible last day at the Oval with Pietersen's astonishing 150, and Rudi and Billy exagerrated finale.
    A day that reduced to me to tears of joy - reminiscent of a certain day at Wembley in May 1998!!
  • Options
    I don't like Cricket, so I had, literally, no idea.
  • Options

I don't like Cricket, so I had, literally, no idea.

So close to a flag KHA

• Options
    I was there... What a day...