Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina vs. Iran

Early start, but come on Reza.

Comments

• Options
    Reza <3
  • Options
    Amazing how people find the support for one of our players out at the World Cup embarrassing. If you consider a few twitter posts embarassing then please evaluate your life

They can't consistently talk about the club when nothing at all is happening
  • Options

The obsession with The Gooch on twitter/Facebook is unbelievably embarassing. Bang average striker who scored a single goal for us. We have a remaining squad of about 6 senior players, a manager we ain't heard of, fairly disillusioned fans and all the comms department want to do is appeal to a bunch of Iranians.

Doing my head in. Can't wait for Iran to be sent packing and all this cobblers will stop. It's cringeworthy

embarrassing for who??

The only embarrassing thing is that you get so precious about some comments on social media by a group of people supporting our player at the World Cup.
  • Options
    He looked very good for Iran in their first match, a lot better than he does for us so I can see why they all think he is a lot better than he really is. Now that England are out I'll be supporting Reza all the way to the final.

Hopefully the world cup experience will make him a better player.
  • Options
    Mummyslittlesoldier,

do you post on twitter as CharltonScott?
  • Options
    What time is the Iran game?
  • Options
    If the club have got any sense then they should advertise on the Facebook page that they are selling the new shirt signed by their Iranian hero. Could be a winner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I love the Cold Tuesday in Leeds picture.

So obviously tongue in cheek but still funny. Why not get behind one of our players and what harm does it do?

Got it in one, Henry !

My view is that Reza will come back to us proud of his WC appearances - wanting to show the Championship just what he's capable of.

Surely experience on the world stage can only be a plus for all concerned ?

• Options
    edited June 2014
    When Reza scores a hatrick tonight the world will be saying 'and he can't get in the Charlton Athletic team, christ they must be good'.
  • Options

When Reza scores a hatrick tonight the world will be saying 'and he can't get in the Charlton Athletic team, christ they must be good'.

Churchy's keeping him out - better put a bid in for him!

• Options
    Im excited, one of our players is tasked with outscoring Aguero & Messi on the biggest stage of them all.

Go on Reza, you can do it!
  • Options

The obsession with The Gooch on twitter/Facebook is unbelievably embarassing. Bang average striker who scored a single goal for us. We have a remaining squad of about 6 senior players, a manager we ain't heard of, fairly disillusioned fans and all the comms department want to do is appeal to a bunch of Iranians.

Doing my head in. Can't wait for Iran to be sent packing and all this cobblers will stop. It's cringeworthy

I agree in some respects....no, wait, i agree entirely, but you should also not really let it piss you off that much!
  • Options
    As far as I'm concerned this is the deal.
    Against Nigeria Reza was, well Reza was Reza. Against Nigeria Reza was Iran's best player.
    So today Charlton Athletic are playing Argentina in the world cup finals. FACT.
  • Options
    Don't get all this bollox negativnes about him
    Hopefully a good world cup will bring him back to us a better and
    More confident player which can only be a good thing surely?
    So lets get behind the lad and stop being so negative you knobheads
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Looks like he has been on the weights since the end of the season and has bulked up a bit. Go on Reza, give them the hand of Allah.......
  • Options
    edited June 2014
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I appreciate there's another thread, but it seemed relevant to post this here as well.

Me, Charlton, a pre-season friendly and Iran's uranium-enrichment programme...
  • Options
    Come on Reza. I also don't understand the negativity. THAT is what does my head in.
  • Options
    Wonder if he'll be a top striker next season? A few goals in pre season and he could hit the ground running.
    Here's an early shout - Reza to place in the top three for fans player of season.
  • Options
    Reza has clearly learned from the Championship. He's just shoved a winger over about 3 yards from the ball. Come on Reza! Good lad!
  • Options
    razor hoochijana???????
  • Options
    Iran will get hammered and thats a fact. Iran are just boys compared to argentina. I say 7-0 Argentina
  • Options
    Iran are going to surprise you!
  • Options
    Great atmosphere. Argentinian clubs create the best atmosphere in club football. This is like a Racing Club or Boca match and the Brazilians are giving it back by supporting Iran.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Reza is his Christian name?!?! No it's his forename the plum commentating is awful!
  • Options
    I think Reza just won a 50/50 header against Mascherano haha.