Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Free to just enjoy the world cup

Might not be "new thread worthy", but now England are out (and in embarrassing style) it saves alot of potential hurt by getting knocked out in the early stages...instead of the later.
If we got knocked out in the group with, say, 4 points, that would have been a much nastier bitter pill.

We can eventually just shrug this one off, although it was bollocks and the England team does not look to be improving anytime soon.

We also still have a game left where we don't want to completely disgrace ourselves.

Last night I called Luiz Suarez every name under the sun but to be honest he just done his country proud and showed true passion. Respect to him.

I will always highly support England in every major tournament, and to my surprise I think my personal support will increase for our national side.

I hope a realistic "underdog" causes a shock and wins the world cup doing their country proud. That's also the English mentality.

C'mon...Mexico

Comments

• Steady on you'll be getting called a tosser by some keyboard warrior and told to wrap yourself in an Argie flag. Oh and apparently no one will want to share a trench with you, somewhere in Portugal I think...

I agree with you BTW.
  • Don't get all shirty Barry Backstabio... ;-)
  • Apart from holland who partially struggled for a victory over Australia, no one in the World Cup has really had a 100% fully convincing start.

If Argentina didn't have messi they would probably not get out the group.

If someone said, DAVE, pick one team from the World Cup to win and if it comes through we will give you a million....

There would still be no obvious answer to give now...

I would pick Brazil by default but without actually thinking they will win it.

Very tough call this year which makes for better viewing.
  • Dave2l said:

Apart from holland who partially struggled for a victory over Australia, no one in the World Cup has really had a 100% fully convincing start.

France...
  • Dave2l said:

Apart from holland who partially struggled for a victory over Australia, no one in the World Cup has really had a 100% fully convincing start.

France...
    I think Chile have looked really good, probably my favorite team so far.
  • Costa Rica
  • Iran's performance today was fantastic but the team of the tournament so far is Costa Rica.
    They have beat to top 10 teams and are likely to beat a third on Tuesday.

France have had the luckiest draw of the World Cup and have played nobody yet.
    Pit them against a half descent team and they will fold.
  • Ffs France...I guess Costa Rica and Chile have set themselves up nicely too.
  • Don't think they will win it but I like the look of Chile, team effort, lots of energy and skill and that little Sanchez is mustard :-)