Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New England manager?

Can't help thinking Roy dropped a bollock over the two games.looked tactically inept which I was
A bit suprised about. Are we stuck with him?
Would Harry have done any better?
Are we a lost cause?

Comments

• Feel a bit sorry for him tbh. Only criticism I have is being too loyal to Gerrard. Hindsight is in my favour though. He's not been blessed with a good defence. If he goes. Who ???
  • Lost cause.
    You can't change the manager. The players are just average.
  • Not sure. Can we keep blaming the managers? Roy should have been bolder with team selection, especially the midfield. Whoever is in charge though is stuck with a dog s***e generation of defenders. It's Gerrard who should step down, not Hodgson.
  • I would stick Hoddle back in there; seriously would.

Only sensible choice if we want an Englishman.

• I would stick Hoddle back in there; seriously would.

I would agree but then saw his team selection for this World Cup and he went with Gerrard and Lampard.
  • Valley11 said:

Lost cause.

Tend to go along with this. As I just said to my son, in years to come we won't even qualify for things like this.
    We are rapidly turning into Scotland.
    Suppose we should be grateful and proud of the fact we've helped nurture a talent like Suarez ;-)
  • Waiting for that picture...
  • I think Hodgson is ok. Has picked the right formation and pretty much the right personnel in my opinion. Also is good in the way he manages himself and the players.

Give him the Euros with the likes of Barkley, Lallana et al two years older and then move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Honestly I don't think any manager could get a winning team out of England.
  • I think Hodgson is ok. Has picked the right formation and pretty much the right personnel in my opinion. Also is good in the way he manages himself and the players.

Give him the Euros with the likes of Barkley, Lallana et al two years older and then move on.

He had those players this time but didn't use then because he won't drop Gerrard.
  • Deep down, we all knew.
  • Keep Roy, moved England along from 442, picking the kids. No need to change.
  • edited June 2014
    Valley11 said:

Lost cause.

This. Never understand why managers get so much credit/criticism.

• It's not the manager.

It's a shocking state of affairs that we don't have a natural centre forward, or a quality right back or centre halves.

This. 100% this.
  • Has done little wrong in my opinion.

Can't help us running out of defenders good enough at this level.
  • merge with the Welsh team
  • Sponsored links:

• i think tactically - it was clear that Uruguay were vulnerable to width and we passed on that option too often. To scared to lose the ball I think, but better to lose it getting into a dangerous position IMO. Roy should have been giving the message, but there was no evidence of this.
  • You can't polish a turd.
  • He picks kids for the squad but doesn't play them so what's the point?
  • Give the job to me I would tell a few of them players some home truths lol they are not actually that good being the main thing I would tell them before I say get out of my office
  • (1984) said:

Not Hodgson's fault, he picked the best squad available. Fact is we have one of the biggest football infrastructures in the world but we can only produce one top quality defender and don't have a single defensive midfielder other than ex box to boxers whose legs have gone despite playing 4-2-3-1.

There is something systemically wrong with English football that gets exposed at the top level. Uruguay were pretty poor and turned the ball over far more than most international teams but we still failed to dominate possession.

If we were Germans we would instigate a root and branch reform of the national game as they did after their abysmal showing in 2002 but the interests of the big clubs will prevail and the premier league circus will resume as normal next season and we will wonder why we underperform at the next major tournament.

This exactly.

• Martinez would be ideal. He probably wouldn't take it.
  • I am ready, give it to me