Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Uruguay

Expected that Rooney will occupy the No 10 role and Sterling will be pushed out to the wing.

Other than that, expected to be as you were.

Suarez has been declared fit but CB Lugano is injured and right back Pereira is banned.

Never know how to call England games when they're playing in major tournaments.

Head says draw.

Comments

• Options
    Uruguay is the second-smallest South American country (after Suriname); most of the low-lying landscape (three-quarters of the country) is grassland, ideal for cattle and sheep raising. Often called the Switzerland of South America for a stable democracy and social benefits such as free education, Uruguay also has a coast likened to the Riviera.

England is in north-west Europe and is in the southern part of Great Britain. It is an island country and also part of the United Kingdom (UK) .

England is the largest country in Great Britain and the UK. It is sometimes, wrongly, used in reference to the whole United Kingdom, the entire island of Great Britain, or indeed the British Isles. This is not only incorrect but can cause offence to people from other parts of the UK. ( Nationality of the British people).

Nearly 84% of the population of the UK lives in England, mainly in the major cities and metropolitan areas.
  • Options
    If we can contain Suarez and play at the same intensity that we did against Italy, then I'm very confident.

Uruguay are poor defensively even with the two that are missing.

C'mon England!
  • Options
    I think we'll win. Suarez doesn't look like he's anywhere near being fit otherwise he'd have started the first game.

2-1 England
  • Options
    2-1 England.
    Suarez, Sturridge and Rooney
  • Options
    I'm trying not to.....but I'm really fearing the worst!
  • Options

2-1 England.

Only two own-goals, then.
  • Options
    Play how we did against Italy and we have a really good chance....Rooney needs a big performance

Think we'll nick it 2-1, sterling and Gerard
  • Options
    Uruguay were pretty poor in their first game so I'm more confident than I was before the tournament.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

2-1 England.

Only two own-goals, then.
    That would make it 3-0 Uruguay.

Or 2-1 to England.

Which one were you trying to get at?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll win 3-1. Easy.
  • Options
    I'll breathe easier if Cahill boots Suarez 10ft in the air 30-seconds after the opening whistle. Otherwise I'm worried.
  • Options
    lioness at Bristol Zoo picked England.

she picked England when we played Italy.

we have our scapegoat.
  • Options

Sky Sports News
    @SkySportsNews
    England team: Hart, Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge. #ssn #worldcup2014
  • Options
    edited June 2014

2014 World Cup
    @2014WC_Brazil
    Uruguay starting XI: Muslera; Giménez, Godín, Cáceres; Pereira Ríos, Lodeiro, González, Rodríguez; Suárez, Cavani. #URU
  • Options
    I think 2-1, really hoping Rooney steps up tonight
  • Options

Play how we did against Italy and we have a really good chance....Rooney needs a big performance

That's what's worrying me.

No two England performances are ever the same.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

No two football matches are ever the same :-0 Just had a pre match good old English tea of Bangers, mash, onions and baked beans. Trifle to follow. COE
  • Options
    Is there no end to Phil Neville's talents?

Looks like he cuts his own hair!
  • Options
    We have to exploit Uruguays defence.

19 year old centre back, Rooney has no excuses tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uruguay won't be as bad as they were against Costa Rica. Got a really bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    Soaked in Pastis and Leffe Blonde. The Brits are ready to sing, OK, this Brit is already singing :-). But I'm dreading this one .......
  • Options

We have to exploit Uruguays defence.

19 year old centre back, Rooney has no excuses tonight.

I'd hope Rooney won't looking to make excuses VG, if he can't get up for this game he never will when pulling on an England shirt. No one should be out to stick up the media more than him tonight. Go do your stuff man.
  • Options
    21 degrees.
  • Options
    Suarez could be the most hated man in Britain after cheating and diving his way too victory tonight, let's hope Cahill lumps him up in the air in the first 10 minutes., c'mon England!!!!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

No two football matches are ever the same :-0 Just had a pre match good old English tea of Bangers, mash, onions and baked beans. Trifle to follow. COE
    If this gets tense you will be farting your arse off!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hmmmm....
  • Options
    Suarez genius corner according to Tyldesly. Thought he miskicked it myself
  • Options
    come on england
  • Options
    Not impressed. Struggling to string 2 passes together and the centre backs have taken over from where the fullbacks left off vs Italy.