Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How far will we go?

If we get out of the group, will probably face Columbia or Ivory Coast.
Either very winnable. Would go in at least 50-50.
Therefore bet a few quid on us going out in the quarter finals. 9-2.

What do you guys reckon?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    We will finish with less points than Iran lol
    Lose to Uruguay and Costa Rica, go home miserable,
    Roy loses his job and the FA decide after much pressure from the Society of Black Lawyers to hire their first Black Manager and Sir Chris Powell is the man they choose.

Ok that probably wont happen, but I don't think we will get through the group stages
  • Options
    TBH I just wanted to mention Sir Chris Powell's name again as it has not been mentioned for a while, and obviously we cant have people forgetting about him LOL :-)
  • Options
    LOL I just got called a F***ing Idiot and told that I know nothing about football because I told a Man Utd fan IMO Rooney should be dropped for the Uruguay game
    Got to agree with your mate Paulie. ;-)
  • Options
    Already backed us to lose in the quarter Finals at 5/1 before the World Cup began.As long as we don't lose tomorrow we should go through with a victory over Costa Rica.My only fear now for my bet is that our Quarter Final opponents Brazil or Spain both look beatable...........but then that means Semi Final here we come which cant happen...........can it?!
  • Options

Already backed us to lose in the quarter Finals at 5/1 before the World Cup began.As long as we don't lose tomorrow we should go through with a victory over Costa Rica.My only fear now for my bet is that our Quarter Final opponents Brazil or Spain both look beatable...........but then that means Semi Final here we come which cant happen...........can it?!

I'd happily lose if we made the semi's KK
  • Options
    Beat Columbia on pens, beat Chile on pens (Chile will put Brazil out), lose to Argentina in the semis.
  • Options
    We will know alot more after the uraguay game. Anything less then a win - the tournament is going to be very limited for england.

Considering there is still huge pressure on the players, take that into account, I will be rather proud if we spank uraguay.
  • Options
    I think we'll beat Uruguay and Costa Rica, qualify in second place and eventually get knocked out in the 1/4 finals. Same as I though at the start of the tournament. I think that's a reasonable expectation anything more is a bonus.
  • Options
    I think we could go as far as the Semi Final, if we just get past the toughest hurdle, getting out of this group, it would be such a shame the year we finally have a team that excites that we have our worst World Cup in many years.
  • Options
    No different than a month ago.
    Lose to Italy, win the other two, beat Colombia then lose to Brazil in the 1/4s
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That Brazil team looks very beatable. Getting out of the group could be harder than getting to the semis.
  • Options
    Win tomorrow and we'll go out in the 1/4s on pens. Standard
  • Options

That Brazil team looks very beatable. Getting out of the group could be harder than getting to the semis.

Spot on.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This is how it WILL pan out.

I think we will draw against Uruguay and Italy will beat Costa Rica .

But because Italy have already qualified they will take their foot off the gas against Uruguay in the last game and lose which will mean we will have to beat Costa Rica while they may only need a draw and even then it may not be enough if Uruguay win by a few goals against Italy .

Got it? Good.

;-)
  • Options
    Win the next two.

Spain will face Brazil, we will get Colombia.

We win, Spain win.

Lose to Spain in QF's 1-0.
  • Options
    Avoid defeat tomorrow and things should be fine in terms of getting out of the group. Colombia are a decent team, harder teams to face maybe but that'll be a close game. I'd fancy us against Brazil... overrated team.
  • Options

Can you actually see Costa Rica or this Uruguay team in the semi-finals?

Brazil may be beatable, but it would be much harder to get past them than to get out of the group.
  • Options
    downstairs outside
  • Options

Win the next two.

We win, Spain win.

Think your prophecy needs a rethink, VG

• Options
    RedMist said:

downstairs outside

You sound like a sixteen-year old describing his exploits during the slow dance at the disco.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Win the next two.

We win, Spain win.

Think your prophecy needs a rethink, VG

just goes to show what I know Fanny!
  • Options

RedMist said:

downstairs outside

You sound like a sixteen-year old describing his exploits during the slow dance at the disco.
    misunderstood the original question ;O)
  • Options
    Not convinced we'll get out of the group. we have a very young and inexperienced first team especially our defence who are also pretty weak at this level.
    Don't get me wrong I'm happy that Roy has gone with the youngsters and think we have a good bases for a decent team in 2 and 4 years time. For me it's about putting in decent performnces that show promise as I'm not expecting us to do much now.
  • Options
    I'll be amazed if we get out of the group to the point that I will give £10 to the Upbeats if we do provided that someone else pledges to do the same if we don't.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I'll be amazed if we get out of the group to the point that I will give £10 to the Upbeats if we do provided that someone else pledges to do the same if we don't.

Deal.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Deal.
    Excellent!

The Upbeats win whatever.
  • Options
    Right. How do I pay?
  • Options

I don't think we will get through the group stages

I did say
  • Options
    Mario Balotelli @FinallyMario · 3h
    If we beat Costa Rica i want a kiss,obviously on the cheek, from the UK Queen.
  • Options

Win the next two.

We win, Spain win.

Cant believe how well this one worked out