Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Canary Islands

Have been to Fuerteventura & Lanzarote before. But was thinking of going to Gran Canaria or Tenerife over the Christmas holidays.

Does anyone have any advice on the resorts to try and stay in, or resorts to give a miss?!?!

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Nath

Comments

• Options
    Avoid playa las americas in tenerife and playa del ingles in gran canaria if you want something a bit cleaner. They are both great fun but I wouldn't imagine they are much fun out of season just grubby
  • Options
    Depends what you're looking for, nam.

Only know Tenerife but this island has the usual lively resorts and the quieter ones too.

Will this be a family, singles or romantic holiday?
  • Options
    I went to Tenerife last October, this all inclusive place was the nuts, blinding!

http://www.sandos.com/hotel-san-blas-in-san-miguel-de-abona.htm
  • Options
    Cheers all.

Fanny- simply a couples holiday. Don't have to be too expensive, just a decent, clean hotel near the beach.

Can't stand NY over in England
  • Options
    Went to Puerto Rico in gran canaria just before Xmas. It was a long time ago but it was great.
  • Options
    All budgets catered for in Tenerife. Parque Santiago 3 between Americas and Christianos is right next to a nice beach and there is plenty to do as it's surrounded by quality shops and bars. If money is no object stay at the Sir Anthony or travel to Fanabe and stay at Jardin de Nivaria which is a magnificent hotel.
  • Options
    Went to Gran Canaria in January & had a great time, although we used a villa rather than a hotel.

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p872545

Certainly wasn't the warmest, but I had expected that and it was all about relaxing. This was the north of the island though & I think the resorts in the south are generally a few degrees higher. There were beaches nearby, but need to drive. Also only 20/25 minutes drive to Las Palmas, which has some great beaches & plenty of bars/restaurants along the very long prom. We were luckier with a couple of quite warmer days there when we drove in.
  • Options
    We stayed in Costa Adeje, Tenerife last Xmas - very nice family oriented area.
  • Options
    I live in Tenerife and my wife works at a travel agents www.tenerifesunshine.com
    Check them out
    Also we regularly go to Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria .... Amadores beach there is amazing
  • Options
    The Anfi resort is very good, it's a time share members place but there are plenty of let's available. We were very impressed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Went to Puerto Rico in gran canaria just before Xmas. It was a long time ago but it was great.

Went there last year & stayed up cliffs near Europa complex. Great place. Cheap.
  • Options
    I can highly recommend the Escoral Hotel in Playa del Ingles, G. Canaria.
    Just returned from an all inclusive there with the Mrs and Little boy.

As it was all inclusive, there wasn't much need to head out to the roudier bars (which were fine for me a few years ago!)

The downstairs spa in the hotel was out of this world and plenty of food and drink..

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g562819-d530794-Reviews-Escorial-Playa_del_Ingles_Gran_Canaria_Canary_Islands.html
  • Options

Yes mate , we stayed there May half term , would deffo recommend it
  • Options
    Stayed in El Medano in Teneriffe last year. Hope to go back again this year. The hotel we stayed in was adults only nam so if its just couples then its great... no swingers tho.
    Just no screaming kids. lovely.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Stayed in El Medano in Teneriffe last year. Hope to go back again this year. The hotel we stayed in was adults only nam so if its just couples then its great... no swingers tho.
    Just no screaming kids. lovely.

Yeah course not , I believe ya
  • Options
    Well i didnt notice any... as i wasnt looking of course.

• Options
    I can recommend some swingers hotels if you are interested . PM me
  • Options
    Shag said:

Yes mate , we stayed there May half term , would deffo recommend it
    Thirded.
  • Options
    Marina Suites, Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria. Very nice
  • Options
    Thanks all, hoping to go away Christmas. Went to Costa Teguise in Lanzarote, a couple of years back...

Turned out to be the "roughest" part...was an experience