Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Excel

Am loading my CL world cup predictions league into excel after I've faffed around calculating results in a text file.
End up with 2 columns, name and score. Add a comma so easy to load into excel columns. Then sort and manually add 0's for people who don't enter.
Yes a real pain.
I'm leaving a blank column after each round that I want to populate with the running total. eg sum column 2 and column 4 for example.
Question is easy way to do this, ie populate the spare column with this running total.
Also want to extract name column and running total column as a text file..................would be nice if I could sort based on running total column/name column.
Any ideas how I can do this...............?

Hopefully some one on here uses excel. Otherwise will have to faff around with google search and trial and error.

cheers abs

Comments

• Options
    If I were you I'd add the scores elsewhere, probably on a separate sheet, and use vlookup to find them.
  • Options
    Don't worry Stig, not sure why my cell calc wasn't working.
    Googling the extract at the mo. Should be OK. Abs.
  • Options
    Stig said:

If I were you I'd add the scores elsewhere, probably on a separate sheet, and use vlookup to find them.

Agree, gonna save you some faffing around Abs
  • Options
    It's easy, just put my name at the top ;-)
  • Options
    There's several ready made Excel wallcharts you can get for free if you google
  • Options
    I'm sorted guys, not a rolls royce solution but a very nice mini cooper.
    Had a spurious setting/macro that was screwing with my excel.
    Thanks all the same.