Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fathers Day

Comments

• Not a Dad myself but my Dad (and Mum) are coming round for a BBQ this lunch time followed by a soak in the hot tub.
  • Wife in bed asleep. 9 year old daughter yet to acknowledge what day it is.
  • Got the sleeping on the chest bit earlier than midday and it feels so good

Just watching a recording of last night's boxing wow rose got shown how out of depth he was and thevfight between the sibetian.rocky and.Algeri is brutal
  • And Algeri winning after the first Rd being on his arse twice was remarkable display of guts
  • MrOneLung said:

Went bed at one after football. My one year old woke us up at 145 and came in with us and my three year old got me up at 615 telling me was doing a poo. Went downstairs with him and been watching his tv. Just got my presents and going to see my dad later who has been discharged from hospital following kidney failure and is now on home dialysis.

Happy Father's Day all you dads.

And especially to Kevin, MOL.

Please give him our best wishes today.

• Wife in bed asleep. 9 year old daughter yet to acknowledge what day it is.

My boys haven't acknowledged it despite me showing them a few photos on Facebook of a Fathers Day present their Uncle got from his kids. Either they have amazing poker faces and there's a surprise coming later or I'm selling them in the morning.
    She cracked in the end. Card, sweets and a new chain for my bike. At least the wife listens to my hints.
  • I got 2 mugs 2 cards and a key ring, some shorts and a t-shirt at about 7:30am more later from the s daughter apparently
  • New Charlton shirt :0) I'm sure I didn't say I hated it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cage and bottle for bike and a trip to the theatre on Wednesday to see 1984.
  • Nice shirt for my forthcoming work jolly to Monte Carlo and a wicker basket for the garden door 'cos I moaned about a pile of dirty shoes all over the carpet last week.

Card written by my wife from the 3 of them as the 3 yr old can't write and the older two are away with the ex-witch this weekend (nice coincidence)
  • edited June 2014
    razil said:

I got 2 mugs 2 cards and a key ring, some shorts and a t-shirt at about 7:30am more later from the s daughter apparently

Why? Is it your birthday as well :-)
  • Make the most of it whilst the kids are young, as the kids grow up the things I missed the most are the cuddles.
  • MrOneLung said:

Went bed at one after football. My one year old woke us up at 145 and came in with us and my three year old got me up at 615 telling me was doing a poo. Went downstairs with him and been watching his tv. Just got my presents and going to see my dad later who has been discharged from hospital following kidney failure and is now on home dialysis.

Happy Father's Day all you dads.

And especially to Kevin, MOL.

Please give him our best wishes today.

Thanks Jean
  • Make the most of it whilst the kids are young, as the kids grow up the things I missed the most are the cuddles.

Can't say I blame them much.
  • Boys just dont seem to care as much as girls. Daughter goes out of her way to make a day of it. son more interested in xbox or he would be if he wasnt banned from it.Still smashing day and love them all the same.
  • Was a blinding day till I.went to take the equipment we left for reading unis summer ball back to the depot and found it all in a field but subsequently got the lorry bogged down in the place and couldn't get it out

Thank god they left the keys to the manatee fork lift on the roof of it and lifted the bstd free
  • The oldest took her old man out for a late Sunday lunch and I spoke to the other two on the phone during the course of the day.
  • Sponsored links:

• My father is a worthless prick and I don't have any kids, so fathers' day for me is and always has been a non-event.

Captain bringdown hath spoken. Hope you dads enjoyed your day :)
  • RedChaser said:

razil said:

I got 2 mugs 2 cards and a key ring, some shorts and a t-shirt at about 7:30am more later from the s daughter apparently

Why? Is it your birthday as well :-)
    No my wife had the guilts for working in Sfo last week and no pressie
  • For me it means that my whole family will gather, and we will have a happy time. I received a DVD and all the love a man could want.
  • Had a great FD.

Full monty fry up, cards and pressie from all the kids, Motorbike racing, world cup, more motorbike racing, more world cup, great day, spoilt rotten, but I'm worth it.......and very lucky! ;o)
  • A handmade card from my six-year-old daughter and my missus with the almighty 'ump because my 10-year-old son was rude to her. So a bit poxy, to be honest.
  • got a few beers from the cats and my mrs thinks that im their dad. loved it.
  • GOt a few nice bits more or less like any other day got up done two loads of washing no F***er offered to do dinner so i done that as well

• Don't really make a fuss for these sort of things in our house, but it was the first time one of my boys has said 'Happy Fathers Day' and gave me a hug, and its just a knockout feeling.
  • Got a school made card from my little boy with a list of 10 reasons my dad is awesome.

At number one...."he is good at lifting"!!
  • He must have really been struggling from about 7 onwards then !!!