Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAN WE SIGN DUTCH PLAYERS INSTEAD OF BELGIANS?

Hi everyone,
You know how Roland is so big into his European integration and all that stuff? Can we just forget these on-loan Belgians and go for a few Dutch instead? Daley Blind would be a nice start, and maybe Robben a year or two from now as he winds down. If we can, I'll be far more confident about sitting in the west stand in the cold next winter watching us fight teams who are already a couple of players ahead of us in their signings for the summer, and not relying on Standard Liege reserves. PS Tim Cahill wouldn't be a bad signing after tonight's show to cleanse himself of Millwall past and seek our forgiveness. And he's neither Dutch nor belgian. He's part Irish!

Comments

• Options
    centurion said:

PS Tim Cahill wouldn't be a bad signing after tonight's show to cleanse himself of Millwall past and seek our forgiveness. And he's neither Dutch nor belgian. He's part Irish!

And played with Mr Peeters at Millwall
  • Options
    Blind and Robben? Have you been visiting the coffee shops in Amsterdam?
  • Options
    Ruud Van Nistlerooy is a hardcore addick. Maybe we can tempt him out of retirement. Plus Edgar Davids looked good for Rest Of The World FC last week.
  • Options
    What are Cruyff and Van Basten up to these days? Maybe they fancy a go on our new pitch. They could bring Mr .Bergkamp with them.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'd settle for Sunday morning players at the moment.
  • Options
    We signed a Belgian today. Maybe he will help us with a few late comebacks.
  • Options
    Bjorne Borg is a big Addick, is he any good at football?
  • Options

Bjorne Borg is a big Addick, is he any good at football?

Err, he wasn't Dutch the last time I saw him, Large ...

• Options
    Even if he's not Dutch or Belgian, but a few miles north of there, must tweet Bjorn and ask him if he wants a copy of my book. He doesn't get a mention but Allen Simonsen does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reza played for the Dutch u16.17.18,19 teams. What more do we need.
  • Options

Reza played for the Dutch u16.17.18,19 teams. What more do we need.

Not to mention our last Dutchman Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

Or maybe I should not have done.

Going back to the 1930's we had a Dutch Goalkeeper called Gerry Keizer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrit_Keizer
  • Options
    What about the one dutch guy that came from Plymouth afew years ago or did he only make the bench.
  • Options
    centurion said:

Daley Blind would be a nice start, and maybe Robben

You need to get your brain looked at
  • Options

What about the one dutch guy that came from Plymouth afew years ago or did he only make the bench.

Marcel Seip was an unused sub . A strange signing at the end of Parkinson's era .He came in to cover a busy month including clutch of 3 matches in a week when we needed to play Brentford in the JPT and Luton in the FA Cup in televised games. There was one big problem with this. He was already Cup tied for both competitions having already featured for the Pilgrims.
  • Options
    Nice one centurion
  • Options
    Daley Blind has been playing out of his skin in this World Cup (well, in the game against Spain).

Truth is that he isn't that good consistently. Think a lot of people have been drawn in by the media hype around him over the last week. I was at the Ajax stadium a couple of weeks ago doing a tour and spoke with a couple of fans. They said that he has improved a lot lately but the fans are always on his back because he doesn't do it week in and week out. They sent him out on loan to Groningen to try and sort him out.

Think Danny Green - someone with all the skills in their locker, but incredibly frustrating in how they apply it.