Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Operation Ewood Details

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Party at the Park
The biggest number of travelling Charlton fans since the 1998 play-off final at Wembley are set to attend the away game against Blackburn Rovers at the end of the month in what has been dubbed Operation Ewood.

The Addicks have been allocated up to 7,500 tickets for the vital encounter at Ewood Park - a match that could play a major part in Charlton's relegation battle.

And fans are being mobilised to head to the North West via road, rail and air - all subsidised by the Charlton board.

"The atmosphere at The Valley since I took over as manager has been fantastic and every fan has played their part in the progress we have made over recent weeks," said Charlton boss Alan Pardew.

"What we need to do is to transfer that atmosphere to away games because I cannot emphasise enough how much it inspires the players to see large numbers of our supporters at away grounds."

Charlton directors have already subsidised fans' away coach travel to Manchester City and Everton in the current campaign.

But in an echo of last season, when 5,250 supporters journeyed to the North East as part of Operation Riverside for the club's midweek FA Cup quarter-final replay, club officials are again organising a huge transport strategy.

Coach travel to Ewood Park will be completely free of charge and will leave from the usual Valley Away pick-up points.

Despite the initial announcement that foresaw problems due to engineering work, the club is attempting to subsidise a special non-stop train service that will run from London Paddington to Blackburn.

The fare would be £20 adults and £10 U18s - confirmation of this will follow.

And the Addicks are also chartering their own flights from Monarch Airlines for supporters to travel from London Gatwick to Blackpool.

The flights will cost a subsidised £65 for all passengers and a shuttle bus service to and from Blackpool airport to the ground is included in the price.

The planes are set to depart around mid-morning (exact departure time to be confirmed) with a flight duration of 50 minutes, and will leave Blackpool to return to London at 7pm.

All travellers must check-in at least an hour ahead of departure both at Gatwick and Blackpool and must carry some form of photo identification such as a passport or driving licence.

A further 1,000 fans are expected to make their way to the game via car, and the club is looking to arrange free car parking in Blackburn for Addicks supporters, details of which will follow later.

Match tickets are priced £15 adults and £5 over 60s and U16s, and will go on general sale at 9am on Friday available via the Valley commercial centre and 0871 226 1905 hotline.

Added Pardew: "Fans' support in this crucial match could well be the difference between winning and losing.

"You have given me fantastic support since I became the Charlton manager and I hope that by joining us at Ewood Park we will give you a day which will live long in the memory."

A special Operation Ewood T-shirt will also be available from Friday, priced £4.99.

For full details visit www.cafc.co.uk/OperationEwood where there will be regular updates in the run up to the match.

Comments

• Options
    Oh good, I can't wait to buy the T Shirt. Only £4.99...What a bargain
  • Options
    to be fair this is going to cost the Club a lot of money and if everyone going bought a tee shirt it would help recover some of their losses.
  • Options
    I have decided not to go; everytime I have been on one of these club subsidised shindigs we have always failed to get a result. I will sit at home in a darkened room on my prayer mat instead!!
  • Options
    How About a CL Coach?
  • Options
    Ha ha i read all through that waiting for it, still waiting, running out of space now, and then it came......................"A special Operation Ewood T-shirt will also be available from Friday, priced £4.99."
    Magical.