Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tennis Elbow

2»

Comments

• Cortisone injections were the only thing that rid me of pain & restrictive movement when I had Tennis & Golf Elbows plus a Frozen shoulder & Tendonitis in my other shoulder, not all at the same time I might add & touch wood I've been pain free ever since.
  • I got tennis elbow from using a chain saw. My gp in Denmark first tried cortisone injection, which did not work.

He then used acupuncture, I being highly cynical had no expectations of this working, but the first ten minute treatment worked wonder and was completely gone and never returned after two more sessions, a week apart.

The effect was unbelievable.
  • I got tennis elbow from using a chain saw. My gp in Denmark first tried cortisone injection, which did not work.

He then used acupuncture, I being highly cynical had no expectations of this working, but the first ten minute treatment worked wonder and was completely gone and never returned after two more sessions, a week apart.

The effect was unbelievable.

Was waiting for someone to mention this, since it was acupuncture, plus a range of other stuff administered by a Chinese doctor here, that finally fixed me after 4 years. Yes, four bloody years! You are lucky it worked quickly, I needed two months and at one point it seemed to be getting worse. By the time I was on this treatment, I had also finally got an appointment with an amazing Anglophile Czech professor of physiotherapy, Karel Lewit, still practising at the age of 92. He said that he respects acupuncture, whereas when i mentioned chiropractic, he drew in a breath and said "one step up from witchcraft".

But I would say that it is important that the person doing acupuncture really knows their stuff. I am sure it is not a placebo thing though, because the environment of the Chinese doctor's place had my scepticism amps turned to 11. She seemed to be trying to recreate the atmosphere of a backstreet Peking place in the 1980s, or my idea of that anyway. But I have never looked back from her cure. Just recommend all those who spend a lot of time on computers as part of their work to be aware of damage to posture, of which tennis elbow is one consequence. My wife could not quite believe what I was suffering, and then after a few years it happened to her, for the same reasons, and now she struggles to get rid of it too.
  • I've had shoulder pain for nearly 2 years now which comes and goes and I've struggled to describe to people (apart from the doctor I saw when it first occurred), it sounds from this thread and subsequent googles that it is frozen shoulder. If anyone can recommend a London acupuncturist I'd be sceptical but I'd give it a shot....