Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Streaming films

2»

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

supaclive said:

I suggest (being in the industry) you choose legal streaming sites where you pay for content rather than stealing it....

Netflix
    Google Video
    PSN
    Amazon Prime
    Blinkbox

Are all good sites!

With the Mrs being a scenic artist in tv, stage and many other areas, illegal streaming pisses me off as it drives down the pay she can get. Imagine any other trade being forces to take pay cuts because people want access to their work illegally for free.

It isn't on and those that illegally stream movies & tv shows are as bad as those providing the illegal service.
    The film industry is worth about $14 billion a year, the majors get most of that. If they can't spend that money correctly where a few hundred million (which is recovered in a blockbuster hit) is affecting their business it's there problem.
    That's a hornet's nest though, right? Officially, nearly every blockbuster loses money. 'Officially'.

I once saw a piece on MTV about illegal music streaming and how it's killing the music business. It was followed by MTV's Cribs.

Yes, officially most, if not all films lose money. This is because they (the studios) "loan" the money to make, advertise and distribute to a shell company. They can then write it off against tax. Film become a hit? Lets pay for more advertising space! Starting to go into profit? Let's pay ourselves and the executive producers for their hand in it. Lead actor is owed 20% of gross? Owww, gosh darnet, this monster hit is losing money now! Hollywood accounting is a notorious bitch.

My life pro tip - if you ever write a screenplay and are lucky/good/lucky/talented/lucky enough to get it bought by a studio, ask for a percentage of Gross NOT net profit. Don't budge. Chances are, if one studio is interested, they'll all be interested, even then, other smaller studios will be interested. So if they say they're taking a chance, don't believe them.

I'm a filmmaker and have worked on some major hollywood pictures, the money they leak is insane. On one shoot I was called in as a daily because one particular high profile hollywood actor had turned up to film drunk a couple of days before so they'd have to have an extra day of shooting. That extra day probably cost the studio tens of thousands, if not a lot more for that one extra day. They did it like it aint no thang.

You're also depressingly correct about MTV.
  • Kentaddick what was said film? I want to see if i can tell any of thre actor's are pished
  • edited June 2014
    Dazzler21 said:

Kentaddick what was said film? I want to see if i can tell any of thre actor's are pished

Mortdecai. It will be released early next year.

Not hard to guess which actor but i'm uncomfortable to confirm or deny. Plus, i was only told they had been drunk... could've just been ill! Didn't sign a non disclosure as i was a daily (although i've had to as a daily before). But still, professionally i shouldn't say, although no one knows who this account belongs to!
  • ^^^^ Jesus. Gwyneth Paltrow turned up on set blind drunk? Now that IS a surprise.
  • My money's on Goldblum!
  • I know nothing about steaming films, there are others on CL far more qualified to comment :-0
  • hawksmoor said:

^^^^ Jesus. Gwyneth Paltrow turned up on set blind drunk? Now that IS a surprise.

got it in one ;)