Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Yoni Buyens Signs (Picture With Shirt - Page 7)**

Comments

• Options
    Are you lot seriously suggesting that we will all need to sing a Yoni song? Ye gods alive, I dread to think what the one track minds will think up !!!
  • Options

Very weird all these Belgians signing up to tell us their opinions of players who played for their clubs years ago with the only link being a couple of rumours on Twitter....

Genuine question (as I can't remember)... before Roland came along did this happen when we signed other foreign players...? Just seems a little unusual to me.

All those players we've signed from abroad over the last few years
  • Options

Thanks Chimme much appreciated that info but the moaning mrytles on here will still not be happy.
    We boast a FA cup win in 1947 so we are much to big a club to have someone like Yoni Buyens playing for us ;-)

For god's sake, can we stop this bollocks now? There's about four people on here who are relentlessly pro-network, which is fine, and there's a few people who are relentlessly anti-network, which is also fine. Think what you want. What's exhausting is all the sniping between the camps despite the fact a ball hasn't been kicked yet. Yann made a silly comment, claiming a player was good based on some YouTube footage, which is amusing because is the stick used to beat Alan Pardew over the head with whenever his name comes up. Somehow that's mutated into yet more mud-slinging between the for and against camps, and 5 pages later the bloke still hasn't signed. He might be crap. Reza came with the blessings of half of Iran and a lifetime supply of tiny pink hearts but he still only scored one goal. Similarly AA was the least heralded signing but turned out to be the best. This guy might be brilliant. However we don't know until he a) signs and b) plays so can we please, please stop the 'you all hate the owner' or 'you all have your heads in the sand, the club will just be a seat and six blades of grass when RD's done with it' nonsense. At least until we're top or bottom of the league next season.
    ok chill out m8 nearly the weekend
  • Options

Are you lot seriously suggesting that we will all need to sing a Yoni song? Ye gods alive, I dread to think what the one track minds will think up !!!

Things can Yoni get better
  • Options
    Maybe because we are owned by the same man who owns Standard and who also happens to be belgian??? just a thought like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Hope this is true, seems to be a decent player. Would be the only naturally creative midfielder we have too.

Yoni, to Zola, across to Reza......

Damn you Duchatelet for signing players with short names. Is he insinuating we are thick and can't pronounce long names?

Gooch and jihad
  • Options
    @Chimme‌ thanks and welcome.
  • Options

The Yoni way is up

• Options
    I am the one and Yoni
  • Options

Very weird all these Belgians signing up to tell us their opinions of players who played for their clubs years ago with the only link being a couple of rumours on Twitter....

That's mainly because we have discovered this thing called "the internet" in Belgium recently. We are all descendants of Hercule Poirot, you know...

On a serious note: Yoni Buyens is NOT, I repeat NOT a very creative midfielder. He's someone who likes to tackle, capture the ball, get into the box. He is not Fabregas or Özil who will solve all of your problems.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Looking from a window above
    It's like a story of love
    Can you hear me?
    Came back only yesterday
    I'm moving farther away
    Want you near me

All I needed was the love you gave
    All I needed for another day
    And all I ever knew
    Yoni, you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdvZa46xb3M
  • Options
    Yoni you can make this world seem right
    Yoni you can make the darkness bright
    Yoni you and you alone
    Can thrill me like you do
    And fill my heart with love for yoni you
  • Options
    The Sanskrit word for female genitals. Do your worst lads!!
  • Options

The Sanskrit word for female genitals. Do your worst lads!!

He'll be playing "in the hole".

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the information @byl‌ . very helpful
  • Options
    At least RD knows what his wage demands are already.
  • Options
    Chimme said:

That's mainly because we have discovered this thing called "the internet" in Belgium recently. We are all descendants of Hercule Poirot, you know...

On a serious note: Yoni Buyens is NOT, I repeat NOT a very creative midfielder. He's someone who likes to tackle, capture the ball, get into the box. He is not Fabregas or Özil who will solve all of your problems.

Anyone else noticed how Chimme's English is perfect and phraseology is very ...ummm, English. Not suggesting anything, of course.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Hope this is true, seems to be a decent player. Would be the only naturally creative midfielder we have too.

Yoni, to Zola, across to Reza......

Damn you Duchatelet for signing players with short names. Is he insinuating we are thick and can't pronounce long names?

Gooch and jihad
    actually he told me it's:
    Gooch anna jad
    But that was a dream...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    In fairness, I used to work in Belgium - you could have banter about the footie and just not realise that it was a second language to the people you were having a laugh with. Company I worked for, English was the only language used during the working day (friggin good job !!) - and down the pub after. Love their football and very knowledgeable on the English game.
  • Options

Looking from a window above
    It's like a story of love
    Can you hear me?
    Came back only yesterday
    I'm moving farther away
    Want you near me

All I needed was the love you gave
    All I needed for another day
    And all I ever knew
    Yoni, you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdvZa46xb3M

Love the thought of Charlton fans doing the Flying Pickets A Cappella version. North singing, West n East doing the backing. Cool.
  • Options
    Everybody Hypie?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If he is better than AA, I'll take that! If AA was fit, I think he would be a top championship player.
  • Options
    I think people should go easy on Yann, his only 'crime' is being pro Charlton. Would anybody like to swap him for Mr Prior with his sarcastic and antagonistic comments?