Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    Back out again.

Meaker b Harmer 24

248-8, Sangakkara on 80*.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    It gives me great sorrow to report:

Sangakkara c & b Westley 84

252-9
  • Options
    And almost immediately afterwards, the teams shake hands on a draw with Surrey on 260-9.

Still only one win this season then, but on the other hand we're still unbeaten.
  • Options

It gives me great sorrow to report:

Sangakkara c & b Westley 84

252-9

Gutted for him! Would have been in a very select group of players to get 6 in a row. He really is world class! Would have been special to see him to it for Surrey! Really is a privilege to have him play for Surrey!
  • Options
    Thinking of the best batsmen of this generation - I'm talking Lara, Printing, Tendulkar, Dravid, Kallis, um, Younis Khan surely Sanga has to up there with the very best.
  • Options
    57 average in tests is not too shabby.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    McBobbin said:

Thinking of the best batsmen of this generation - I'm talking Lara, Printing, Tendulkar, Dravid, Kallis, um, Younis Khan surely Sanga has to up there with the very best.

Surely you've not forgotten the 2nd best Test batsman of all time.....Adam Voges, with an average of 61.87 !

Actually, Joe Root has a Test average on a par with Lara and Tendulkar, 52 and 53 respectively, I wonder how the Test captaincy might affect his average?

Also, Steve Smith has a Test Average of 61.05 just below Voges, eff knows how though, I still cant figure out why bowlers havnt figured out that you bowl around the wicket aiming at leg stump and pack the leg side field.
  • Options
    Its interesting to look at the Test stats, for example, Kohli has an average below 50 whereas Pujara has an average of 51.
  • Options
    I was aiming for the 10k middle order club, but you can include cook as well.

Steve Smith is a funny one, brought in as a leggie, just as well he could bat! He has an odd technique but it works for him. Did ok at the IPL.

I reckon Root will be up there in time.
  • Options

Any idea what are Porter's figures since the over before lunch? He's a good young prospect by all accounts but shouldn't be knocking over five Surrey batsmen like that.

Not sure but in last week and half he has got career best list A figures, career best innings figures and career best match figures.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Delayed start down at Guildford for the game against Essex. No toss so we bat first. Play began at 1.10pm

17-0 so far.
  • Options
    Tom Curran rested. Sibley stays and Batty returns in place of Virdi.
  • Options
    Burns c Foster b Porter 14

32-1
  • Options
    Borthwick c Foster b Wagner 14

75-2
  • Options
    50 for Stoneman.

87-2
  • Options
    Impressive plans. The crush around the concourses will be even worse than they are now though

• Options
    Sangakkara c Cook b Porter 4

89-3
  • Options
    WICKET Sangakkara (c Cook b Porter) 4
  • Options
    146-3 at tea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sibley going slowly. But that's not a problem. It's exactly the situation he is designed for. He is under no pressure to score quickly so can play his game and had long. Hope he gets a biggun.

Porter and Wagner have both been off the field with niggles but are back on.

Matt Quinn off with a suspected side strain.
  • Options
    Century for Mark Stoneman!

179-3
  • Options
    Stoneman gets his hundredafter hitting 3 boundary in a row including a 6. And he's just hit another. He's on 111 off 122 balls.
    183 for 3
  • Options
    How many centuries is that for Stoneman now ?
  • Options
    50 for Sibley

241-3
  • Options

How many centuries is that for Stoneman now ?

I think this is his second.
  • Options
    150 for Stoneman

264-3
  • Options
    Sibley c Foster b ten Doeschate 69

274-4
  • Options
    Foakes lbw b ten Doeschate 4

280-5
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Sam Curran's scoring pretty quickly - he's on 34 off 28 balls.

330-5